Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bethaniejayde
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Blackberry Messenger and Internet not working.

My Blackberry Messenger and Internet has stopped working. It usually works. Sometimes BBM stops working but pull out my battery and it starts to work again. I have tried everything (battery pull, host routing table > register etc). What could I do?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Messenger and Internet not working.

Please explain "stopped working"... as in you click on the BBMessenger icon and what happens?

Does it not open?

Or, you cand send a message and you get the checkmark only, no D for delivered?

On the internet, any error messages?

Do you still have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bethaniejayde
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

When I send a message on Blackberry Messenger I just get the timer, I cant receive messages either. When I try to go to a web page on my browser it says "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider. I've got the data plan too.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

What's your signal indicator at the top right say?

On your BlackBerry device, go to:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device:   http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers - scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
maccareany
My Device: curve 3G 9300

i am havin the same problem!

i have the blackberry curve 3G 9300

i take my battery out and my messenger works, but only for a limited amount of time! then after a while it will work again!

i go too send a message and the timer icon appears and it wont deliver or recieve any messages!
my internet will not work either!

i have registered too ther wireless network and have managed too send service books, but yet.....still having the same problem! i have run out of my own ideas as too what the problem is, so any help too solving whats wrong would be highly appreciated! 

thanks x

New Contributor
shaunelias
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

my bbm wont work either, i have a data plan that should of lasted til the end of this month, but instead the little blackberry icon dissapeared from next to the 3G in the corner, i have tried battery pull, checking network connections, and as far as i no everything is right, please help????
Visitor
memebooboo
My Device: curve 8520

Hello i have a blackberry 8520 and i was texting my friend when i realized my letters weren't pressing so i thought that the phone had stuck, but it didn't, so I removed my battery but when it rebooted non of the keys responded :smileysad: what do you think could be the problem? Also my phone is on 24/7 Nd i receive my messages as normal but by i cant type the backlight times out and my phone stays that way until i put it to charge r take out the battery...help
New Contributor
shaunelias
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

have had the same problem as you memebooboo, im afraid to say, if your phones not insured, youll have to BUY a new one, sorrry to dissapoint you
New Contributor
pennypjf
My Device: Phone 9320

This was a network problem effecting orange and virgin network users, may be others.

I rang virgin when it first happened and I could hear in the back ground that someone else had rung wit

h the same issue.  When I finished speaking to virgin (phone connection worked but not Internet or email) it worked again for about ten minutes.  Then was down for about two hours.

Not a phone issue but could have been blackberry data plan - server - issue.

Let's hope it does not keep happening.