Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: du

Blackberry Messenger has been blocked

Hi 

I recently purchased Bold 9900 which is UK version I am trying to use it in Dubai as I installed the sim and activated my BB social service plan and I am able to use BB messenger and Gtalk, when I am trying to login yahoo messenger it is saying blackberry messenger has been blocked and also my browser has been blocked . Please help me on this 

Thanks in advance

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook
My Carrier: Loop

Re: Blackberry Messenger has been blocked

Not sure but do check if there is any sort of ban by the operator for that service.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
My Carrier: du

Thanks for the response, I hope there is no such blocking by the operator as i have used the same service on my curve 9360 

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook
My Carrier: Loop

hmm, then probably some experts from BB could give some clarification on this.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: etisalat

Please what do I do, I can't access my email or even delete it. It keeps saying "your device encountered a problem with this application server", I go to my bbm, and it tells me "blackberry messenger has been blocked". What do I do please?
New Contributor
My Carrier: wind

Hello, unfortunately I am having the same problem since yesterday - I put in a different (Thai) SIM in my phone which did not work, got my old SIM back in the phone, and now it does not work any more. I can use services like the browser or whatzzup but do not get any emails any more... I am in Thailand right now and don't know how to solve this with my Italian Sim card...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

When you receive errors like "the browser has been blocked" or "the camera has been blocked", this is more likely because of Parental Controls. 

Kindly check this: 

• Go to Options (the one with the wrench icon)
  • Choose Security>Parental Controls.
  • Kindly check if Parental Controls is Enabled,
  • If it is enabled, see if  "BBM" or any other apps are NOT Checked
  • Uncheck the "Enable" option to fully disable Parental Controls, you will be prompted to enter a 4-digit password. You should know this pasword to be able to perform this task.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.