Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry Messenger remote recovery

Hello,   I have upgraded from my beloved Curve to the Bold 9700 and I have a problem regrading my bbm. When I try to restore my contact list via email, I get "please try again later. You are currently being registered with the blackberry messenger service. This is an automatic process and will complete in a few minutes"   Now this has been like this for hours. I have tried wipe, uninstall/reinstall etc. Also I do not know if this is related, but I no longer receive emails from rim when I look for them on my pc they are not there but appear on my phone. I have searched the web for hours but cannot find the answer.

BBM-5.0.1.38

I can send/receive messengers via bbm if I add contacts.

Solutions: 6,115
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Messenger remote recovery

Give it time. The recovery doesn't happen immediately and personally I think the RM servers have been slow the past few days anyway.

TekTime wrote:

but I no longer receive emails from rim when I look for them on my pc they are not there but appear on my phone.

I don't know what you're speaking of there.. what emails from RIM?

What on your PC?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 8520, 8707, 8800, 8900, 8910, 9000, 9700

hi TekTime,

If you can see all emails on your BBY and not your PC, you may need to configure your mail settings on the client to leave a copy of email on the mail server.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, my explanation was not great. When I send service books (or get any emails regarding blackberry), I see emails on phone, but when I use my pc and go to my email addresses I do not see the said emails (when using my curve they did appear) Also, my bbm has been "checking email status" for over 10 hours now :smileysad:

weihong wrote:

If you can see all emails on your BBY and not your PC, you may need to configure your mail settings on the client to leave a copy of email on the mail server.

RIM servers do NOT delete messages from the email server.

Outlook has the setting you stated above, but the user seems to behaving the opposite problem -- emails appearing on the device, not on the PC. And, besides, we don't even know if he's using Outlook at all... he just says "on the PC". That could be anything... outlook, wemail viewer, etc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I am not using outlook. I go to hotmail.com or aol.com sign in and messages are not there

Can you please explain what are "the messages" you're looking for?

Are they from RIM to you? Regarding what?

Do you have both your hotmail and aol mail configured to push to the BlackBerry device?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

tbh my main problem is that I am trying to get my BBM contacts to my new phone. When I try to restore using email, first it tells me "please try again later" then if I click continue I get "checking email status..."  this has been displayed for over 15 hours now. I have been on the phone with T-Mobile for over 70mins and they say my email has been set up correctly. So why is this happening? they have told me that  it may be the rim severs.

My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem.

I just got a new BlackBerry and am trying to Back Up the new contacts that I have (since restore didn't work) and I see the following message "You are currently being registered with the Blackberry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes".

It has been saying this for the past couple of days

Contributor

I have been hearing a few with the same problems. I have been told that it is a server problem. If this is the case then it is a poor show :smileysad: we should be made aware of server issues. Saves us from pulling out hair out.