Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

JMPBradley
My Device: Bold 9790

Blackberry Protect. Is there a method of inputting all of SIM card numbers at one location/time ?

I currently have 5 Simi cards for use in different countries. Does BB protect allow them all to be registered/input at one time - or do I have to go through the tedious process everytime I change a card ?

Or is there an apt that will allow you to find the phone (instead of the Simi)?

ps - I'm a new user and I'm finding it complex or maybe the word is fiddly..

Cheers Joseph

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Blackberry Protect. Is there a method of inputting all of SIM card numbers at one location/time ?

Blackberry protect has nothing to do with the SIM cards! It's BB ID that and installed BB Protect App in BlackBerry that make it work.

Check the below info on BlackBerry Protect - 

BlackBerry Protect is an application that is designed to help you:

• Back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data over the wireless network
  • Find your smartphone if it is lost
  • Protect smartphone data by locking the smartphone or deleting smartphone data over the wireless network

BlackBerry Protect consists of three components:

• An application that you can download from the BlackBerry App World storefront and install on your smartphone
  • A website (www.blackberry.com/protect) that you can use to send commands to your smartphone over the wireless network
  • The BlackBerry Protect Infrastructure that is hosted by Research In Motion in a data center

To use BlackBerry Protect you must have the following items:

• BlackBerry ID account
  • Data plan from your wireless service provider
  • BlackBerry Internet Service account

You cannot use BlackBerry Protect with smartphones that are activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or
smartphones that have memory encryption turned on.

Details are: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32146/BlackBerry_Protect-Security_Note--...

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit