Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Byson
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Blackberry Protect Update v1.1.1.65 removes the "Set as bbm display picture" option from the menu list on bold 9900

i installed the blackberry protect update V1.1.1.65 on my blackberry bold 9900 and after rebooting from installation the option to set pictures as bbm display picture is no longer in the menu like it should be pleae help as this is frustrating

Before installation there was a dialog box that said the update uses a different rim_cat file cant remeber which filed it said but maybe this should be fixed ?   

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Re: Blackberry Protect Update v1.1.1.65 removes the "Set as bbm display picture" option from the menu list on bold 9900

Strange, it didn't do that when I upgraded! And I got the same dialog box as you.

Try to downgrade BB Protect maybe, and wait for the next upgrade!
To downgrade you must use the Desktop Software, its pretty easy to figure out how to do once you get your phone hooked up and all.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Byson
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Blackberry Protect Update v1.1.1.65 removes the "Set as bbm display picture" option from the menu list on bold 9900

Thankyou for your reply i found this strange but after doing a battery pull this morning it seems to have fixed the issue,

Thankyou in advanced
Please use plain text.