Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: bold
My Carrier: orange

Blackberry Sucks

I have had so many problems with my blackberry phone its unreal. The battery life on it is terrible, the phone itself is boring and pathetic, and there are no apps or anything that is appealing about it.

Last night was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I was with my girlfriend and we were getting down to business, we both had a drink and I thought it would be a good idea to record us having sex. She was totally cool with this, which, if you’re a man will understand is a pretty rare thing.

Upon getting my phone out to start recording I noticed that my phone was at about 40% battery, this shouldn’t be a problem, but when i started to record the phone dies on me. Completely dead, which means I now have NO recording of me and my girlfriend having sex. Thanks alot blackberry, you suck.

Do you know how many chances I will get to do this again?! Probably none, that was it and stupid blackberry screwed me with their terrible phones.

I will NEVER be buying a new blackberry again and cant wait to get away from it, in fact I’m making it my mission to actively warn people away from blackberry

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry Sucks

Please tell that story when warning people to stay away from blackberry.

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Hi,

I dont agree with how the person stated his problem. I do agree that Blackberry is not a device that I would ever use again.

PLEASE NOTE: I could not find the button to start a thread, so now i am here (call me dumb, but then think of what i had to type into my search engine to find this...). This already upset me more.

First issue I had: When putting my BB Torch 9810, with latest software into original BB pouch with magnet, the backlight turns on, not off. So by closer examination, my phone thinks that the slider is always out. So no more on-screen keyboard, rotating screen etc.

I tried fixing this by reloading the software. This is where i got really angry! The desktop software notified me that a new update was available. So I down;loaded it. Guess what. It didnt work. So I tried every single download in the "Previous Versions" list, and 4 hours later, my phone is still a  brick!

In this message I am not being rude, or even slightly acting the way I feel right now! Please direct me to the right thread for this, so I can fix my phone, and sell it. Or give it away, as I feel selling it is just unfair to the other person.

New Contributor

Also, my camera doesnt work untill I have to select a setting??!!
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

A BlackBerry, as you probably already know, is a complex computer that makes phone calls.  When electronics are involved, there will be problems in a small percentage of cases.  Cars aren't all perfect, TVs aren't all perfect.  Even though each unit comes off the same assembly line as the one beside it, there will be some problems.

If reloading the OS did not solve the problem, there's a good chance it's a hardware problem and should be returned for a warranty replacement.

I agree that owning such a unit is a hassle but please remember that that's not the case with all (or even most) BlackBerry phones; if it was, RIM would have been out of business LONG ago.

Please talk to your carrier about switching for another phone.  If your phone is out of warranty (more than one year old), I encourage you to look around online for another one.  BB 10 is just around the corner.  I know what they can do, and it would be a shame to jump ship at this point.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hi BillJ,

I appreciate your quick reply, and the time you have taken to do so.

I do agree that where electronics are involved, things can go wrong. I myself have experience in this, as I work with EEPROMS, mainboards etc every day.

I am just confused at this point, as the update provided is not working on my phone, as well as three other people i know of in our company. I just got to a point where my emotions flared, hence the post above :smileyhappy:

Anycase, I will take my phone to the experts, and hear what they say.
Also will be looking out for BB10, as this will go straight to my Playbook!

Cheers Bill
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hindle wrote:

Upon getting my phone out to start recording I noticed that my phone was at about 40% battery, this shouldn’t be a problem, but when i started to record the phone dies on me. Completely dead, which means I now have NO recording of me and my girlfriend having sex. Thanks alot blackberry, you suck.

maybe you had sex for too long ! :smileyhappy:

More seriously, I don't think it's be better with another smartphone brand.

40% of your battery, usually used for phone calls & internet, and you expect it to be enough to record a video, with low light (and even if you had turned the flash on it would have depleted the battery even faster) ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Pearl 9105, Z10
My Carrier: MTS (Russia), Megafon (Russia)

within two years bougth two blackberries, Pearl 9105 for myself, and Z10 for my wife.

it's rather hard to do so in the country I'm living (Russia) - official sales bound your phone to carrier, so you have to overpay for it so that you can switch your provider later.

anyway, after about an year of use Pearl begin to quirk with buttons, so I returned back to my Nokia (wich is kinda suck too, but way off cheaper)

and Z10 couldn't be linked with PC no matter how hard I'm tried.

believe me, I'm not an novice in the field of computing, so I used to be RIM supporter, and always praise it within my colleagues and friends; I welcomed introducing of QNX-based OS, now no more tries, going to buy iPhone I guess for my wife - android sucks even more, and WP is really not an option.

Goodbye.

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Blackberry Sucks Big Time

Whatever you do don't update the software. Did an update a few versions ago and bluetooth stopped working in vehicle. Phoned phone company and they said an issue with compatability with Mercedes. Blackberry aware of issue and doing absolutely nothing about it

No wonder they are in a death sprial. THEY SHOULD BE

I have been a loyal +10 year user of BB. No longer. Time to switch to i Phone. .....easy to set up.... responsive to issues, etc.

A former loyal customer

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry Sucks Big Time

BurlingtonMike wrote:

Time to switch to i Phone. ........ responsive to issues, etc.

A former loyal customer

Keep in mind that iPhone has issues. If you're looking for the perfect smarphone, you'll be looking forever.

Sorry to see you leave. Enjoy your new iPhone but keep your eye on BlackBerry; the new BB10 phones are NOT the BlackBerry phones you're used to. In fact, in many ways they're much better than any iPhone made to date.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.