Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sphperkins
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Blackberry app word missing

I have had my blackberry for nearly 8 months now, and i have had nothing but trouble with it. It first started when i tried getting on blakberry app world, but it said APN not specified, my blackberry messenger also dissapeared, i tried turning it on and off then took the battery out, but nothing worked and i lost bb app world all together, and is now nowhere to be found. I was able to fix it when it happened before, by going on reset icons, but hasnt worked this time. Please help. sphperkins x 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry app word missing

1. On your homescreen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL, so that SHOW ALL is checked.
2. Look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, etc.
If you still don't see it, look at Options > Advanced > Applications. Do you see it listed there?

If still nothing, do a simple reboot >> With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Look all over again.

And, finally, if still nothing, use your Blackberry browser to go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and attempt to download and reinstall AppWorld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sphperkins
My Device: Bold 9700

Thanks for your help, tried doing the fist option but didnt work, so had to download it again. Got it all back :smileyhappy: genious :smileyhappy: Thanks x

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
justkate
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: me

I've had the same problem with my blackberry torch 9800 I upgraded to the new app world 4.0.0.63 and then followed instructions rebooted my phone and when it came back on my app world was no where to be found, I've tried downloading it again, I've looked in the hidden files, I've rebooted and done a security wipe on my phone I've also looked in advanced applications and it appears to be in there but I still can't find it. I've asked loads of people to try and help me with this but no one seems to know what else to do, HELP! PLEASE!
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Read this:

Article ID: KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63

You probably need to use resolution #4

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.