Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry bold 9000 will not power on........ no signs of life!!

I've tried everything that I have found about trying to get the desktop manager to recognize my bold but to no avail.  It seems to me that if there is no power on the phone the PC USB will not recognize its there.  There is no life in the phone.  My daughter has the same phone and I have traded the batteries and its not the battery.  When i was getting ready to respond to an update to an application I was alerted to a low memory and it wouldn't allow the update.  The phone was acting very sluggish, which I let it go for several minutes and then notice it seemed a bit warmer than usual with the hour glass still turning.  I opted to pull the battery to do a reset and that is where I sit now with a lifeless Bold 9000.....??  Sure seems that there should be some sort of forced power restore from an application error it seems to me.>>>>HELP!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: various

Re: Blackberry bold 9000 will not power on........ no signs of life!!

Yes the device SHOULD power on after a battery pull of any kind. If it is not, it usually indicates a deeper issue with the device. If the device got noticeably warmer than usual, it is possible there was a short, also possible there was liquid or physical damage to the device that is just not manifesting itself. Have you checked the liquid damage indicators to see if they turned red?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
New Contributor

no liquids where present...

My Device: blackberry bold 9700

heya i have a blackberry bold 9700 and my battery was very low i got home to find it had turned off , so i put it on charge and it would not charge and red light doesnt come on ive tried everything ! im starting to get my hair of with this phone can anyone help !!!!!

New Contributor

Would not have believe it if I had not experienced this myself. But one post I read said to take the battery out for 3 full days without touching the phone. So i put it in a plastic baggie with the battery out for 4 days and when I put the battery in it came to life! Patience was the virtue. Of course I tried everything I could think of before I finally threw my hands up and this was the very last resort. It should have been the first I wasted a lot of time demonstrating how much I had no idea what I was doing. Good luck!