Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: eplus

Blackberry bold 9900 JUNK

Hallo all, I am another one of Blackberrys duped custumers who is stuck with this piece of junk.

For the 2nd time now, I have allowed my battery to drain down to zero, and the device refused to reboot.

No connection possible through the desktop app, but then it is possible to update to the latest OS version, which will bring your junkberry back to life but of course also wipe your data. So not having made a backup again for 4 weeks (I have a life other than damned telephones that need constant nursing) I have reloaded and restored my data from early Novemeber; all new contacts etc no longer available and lost.

How about you dumb sucks at junkberry providing some decent service for your rubbish products other than this mutual lovein you hilariously term community support.

I want to know where to be able to send this junk phone to have it repaired. A simple answer please.

All Replies
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry bold 9900 JUNK

I have to agree. I heard so many good reviews about the 9900 when it first released. People exclaimed the keyboard just felt like heaven to type on. I even remember one guy saying it was "a joy" to use.
Now, the reality: Attrocious use of battery. It's dead within 7 hours on standby (no calls) or a little more than a couple hours of web use. I'm typing this on it, which will likely drain it by at least 10%. Heck, even pulling it off the charger brings it from 100% to about 91% in as little as 5 minutes! I'm not making that number up. What is going on here? Constant dropped calls, as it fumbles between "4G", "EDGE" and "GPRS" at times, losing calls in progress when it does. Browser is noticably fast, and the touch screen is cool, but locks up from time to time for 4 to 5 seconds for no apparent reason, requiring a reboot, which, as any BBerry user will tell you isn't exactly a pleasant amount of wait time when you're doing something.
Pinch to zoom is unpredictable, as some pages allow it but some don't.
The fit & finish is nice, but already (after 3 weeks) there are little spots of dust or some particulate that have made their way under the screen, and I can't seem to get them out. I treat this phone very well too, with an exterior shell. I only ever put it in a pocket with nothing else in it, but that's the extent of its "harsh environment" exposure.

It seems as if most of these issues may reside in software, as if perhaps it was rushed out the door before enough testing or something.
I really had high hopes for RIM on this one, but I think I have to finally come to the point where I admit this 9900 is just not a dependable or all-around practical communication instrument. I'm finding myself an Android.