Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
chit567
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry bold 9900 won't charge

I bought a blackberry bold 9900 last week .. it worked fine for a week and now it doesnt charge.. is there any solution for this? or shud i return the phone and get some other phone.. other than blackberry... ?? please advice

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry bold 9900 won't charge

Hey chit567,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Have you tried plugging the BlackBerry is different outlets or tried a different USB cord?

Does the BlackBerry show a charging symbol or is the LED flashing red or green?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yalkhamis
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: STC

I have Blackberry 9900 on Software Platform: 5.0.0.496

I update it to Software Platform: 5.0.0.734

Through the blackberry desktop software, & I have problem each time  I want to charge it its says that the inlet is not supported.

But if I restart it by pulling the battery  it will charge.

So can you help me on this issue ASAP.

I tried to reinstall the software same issue acquired.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chit567
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

hello - I tried plugging in thru a power outlet and it charged pretty fine. I was using the usb to the computer which might have caused some issue..

But even then i see that battery discharges pretty fast. Is there i can do something to prevent it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yalkhamis
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: STC

even with the power outlet the same issue

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mmalmquist
My Device: Bold 9900

I have this same problem and see some other threads on this subject (Bold 9900 or 9930 suddenly won't charge, often gives the "The charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery" message). My bold is 4 days old, and worked fine until night before last when I was prompted to install the latest OS upgrade.  I let the OS install overnight, and the next night when tried to charge had this problem.  Doesn't matter which charger or cord, just shows the plugged in icon (not the lightning bolt) and won't charge.  Battery pull does fix it, but also noted that post-battery pull restart now takes a really long time, it gets hung up about 3/4 of the way through, seems to have stopped, but if I wait long enough eventually reboots.  And I don't have "Blink" installed.  The new OS is Ver. 7.0.0 Bundle 2392 .  I obviously don't want to go through this "battery pull wait forever to boot" routine every time I charge . . . Blackberry, you must have a way to address this . . . .? 

Please use plain text.
willwijaya
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodavone

HELP ! same problem here.. the device won't charge.. tried to remove the battery and put it back.. It just won't work in any way..

Please use plain text.
Mvaldivi

My blackberry bold won't charge either. I am using the charger my phone came with but have also tried several chargers from friends phones and none will charge it. It says the charging feature is not supported. I have taken out the battery and waited and tried again but nothing works. Please help me.
Please use plain text.
maddiehawkyard
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

i first had this phone christmass 2011, it worked perfectly fine for 8 months then it broke, i replaced it and it broke again this happened 5 more times and the same issure occured that it WOULDNT CHARGE, but everytime i take it to the blackberry store they say there is nothing wrong with the phone but it wont charge on and charger, so is there anything that can happen or is blackberry just unreliable?

Please use plain text.
KimberlyTempleton
My Carrier: Rogers

Could someone please reply to this post? The same thing happened to me last night. Now I have a half-way charged blackberry that won't last through the day. BB worked fine. BB charger worked fine (it's the one that came with the phone). Updated my phone online yesterday. Phone now won't charge when charger plugged into the USB to wall adaptor. It seems to be working plugged into the computer, but I haven't had it plugged in long.

This has worked for 2.5 years without ANY issue until I updated my BB yesterday. 

Please use plain text.