Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: virgin media

Re: Blackberry bold 9900 wont turn on at all with no red light on at all.

Hi thanks for this help I have had my mobile phone on charge all night and still no luck I have phoned my network provider and try have said its the motherboard and its to go in for repair I am not happy with this decision as all my blackberry messenger contacts are on my hand set nothing I can do now but thanks for your help
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

laurenbrownx97 wrote:
Hi thanks for this help I have had my mobile phone on charge all night and still no luck I have phoned my network provider and try have said its the motherboard and its to go in for repair I am not happy with this decision as all my blackberry messenger contacts are on my hand set nothing I can do now but thanks for your help

At an internet distance, there's no way to second guess a professional diagnosis -- though I am a bit surprised that they could diagnose the problem based merely on a phone call...hardware problems are rather impossible to truly diagnose without the device in hand.

Nevertheless, there indeed is likely nothing you can do at this point. Fortunately, BlackBerry provides plenty of FREE backup methods so as to protect your priceless data...so if you've been using those, then you can rest comfortably knowing your data is safe. On the other hand, if you've not been using those FREE backup methods, well, what can I say...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: virgin media

I totally agree with you as before I have backed up bbm pins on a previous bb but as I didn't know how to do it with my now phone I was unable to do it I would like to say thanks for all your help and I am hoping something good will come out of all this mess thanks
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are welcome...and you can also find full backup instructions via the link below in my auto-sig on this post.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: telstra

I can offer some moral support, and say - I KNOW WHAT YR GOING THROUGH.  Mine does this and i have been researching this problem on and off for months.  I did find alot of people had the same problem and that some of the fixes worked for some people but not all and not me. It was also suggested that there is a problem with this models' charging component dying.  

So if none of the 'fixes' work then prob. like me its a more serious problem. I am finally going to take mine to the phone doctor and i will let you know what he says........

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: telstra

PS-I went to loads of forums and so so many people have this problem-very frustrating for such an expensive phone. Please also let us know how you get on.