Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: 02

Blackberry cannot read media card

I have had this Blackberry for nearly a year now and all of a sudden it does not recognise my media card. I thought it was the media card, so i bought another one but it doesnt seem to recognise that one either.

It used to read all the memory cards before, which is confusing.

Does anyone know how to fix this?! I need my Blackberry to be able to read my media card again Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry cannot read media card

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To properly test this, please do the following:

1) Obtain a known good (as in, it's already formatted and useful by an identical BB) media card...use it in your BB and see what happens.

2) Put your media card into a known good identical BB...see what happens.

The results will indicate if your media card or your BB has gone bad. You have already conducted a portion of part 1 above...but not quite identical. If the result is that your BB is bad, then if you are still within your warranty period, seek warranty evaluation from your original place of purchase.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.