Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry device is in a boot loop... please help!!!

[ Edited ]

I have a T-Mobile Blackberrry Bold 9700 which was configured in the US to work with my company's Exchange Server as well as with my person Yahoo (2 email addresses), Hotmail and Gmail; everything worked fine.

Right now I am travelling to Europe, Romania to be more precise, and I wanted to configure my email addresses with Orange Romania. After few preliminary steps (adding credit, activating the Blackberrry option and registering online/adding the email addresses), I restarted the device only to nitice that only the Exchange email address was working. I contacted Orange Romania customer service and they sent me some "package" which they always send out and which was supposed to solve the problem; I have also been asked to reboot my device by removing the battery.

-> Unfortunately right now the device is in a reboot loop and it won't restart and I understand that the software has been damaged during this process of setting up the email and because of a mismatch between the Orange Romania settings and the T-Mobile USA Blackberry operating system. Kindly confirm if the problems that I have are due to Orange's way of approaching the problem and if possible please provide me with some options that would help me solve this issue so I can get my phone up and running again and with my email set up.

Thank you,

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

Re: Blackberry device is in a boot loop... please help!!!

Hi and Welcome

First try Safe mode and if it's success backup your device!!!!

Do not forget to backup your device if possible, but with restore be careful, restore only needed information AddBook SMS Messages, but for no any case Options or etc...

Try in Safe mode, is it boot or still in rebooting cycle?

Safe mode:

When starting the BlackBerry smartphone, safe mode can be used to prevent third-party applications from running automatically. Safe mode is designed to allow troubleshooting or remove any unwanted applications.

To turn on safe mode, complete the following steps:

1. Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
  2. When the red light-emitting diode (LED) light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the BlackBerry smartphone is loading. See KB05470 for the location of the Escape key. (The Escape key is located on the right side of the trackball, above the keyboard on the BlackBerry smartphone.Use the Escape key to exit a screen, move back a page in the browser, close a message, or close a menu.
  3. When the dialog box appears, click OK.

Note: Safe mode is indicated by a safe mode indicator in the BlackBerry smartphone status section of the Home screen.

To turn off safe mode, remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.

IF not Success do this:

1. BBSAK (if needed) - BBSAK web page

2. Desktop manager - from here Desktop Manager (choose 5 or 6 version)

3. Operating system (firmware) - for official OS Find here your carrier

Download all what you need and install it

Disconnect from internet your PC!!!

Here instruction for reload OS

1. Download OS to PC
2. Run OS file to install OS on PC.
3. Connect BB to PC.

4. Open DM and backup device.

5. Close DM.
6. On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file there in called Vendor.
•32-bit: /C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file there in called Vendor.

In same Folder where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

If no success go to other way of reload

Other WAY No1

Before start update - switch off your internet

1.Download and install BBSAK
2.Connect your device to PC (do not run BM)
3.in BBSAK program click on "Factory Reset" and "Wipe device" it will be fully wiped, device will be restarted and there are will be white screen with "Error 507"
4.click on BBSAK program "Load OS" and choose OS which you download and install to your PC (also delete vendor file )

click OK and wait, it maybe up to 45-60 min.

Must work.

Other WAY No2

just connect to your PC by USB - then do:

1. Run BBSAK - if you have password on your BB write it to dialog screen from BB - if no, just click OK, then click on button LOAD OS and follow instruction

other way:

remove battery go to Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader  and run loader.exe, follow instruction. Sometime after finish first step of update device is no response for loooooond time, do this: disconnect device, place back battery wait while it start and connect to USB - it must continue work

sometime, when battery fully drain - you must connect and charge battery about 30-60 min then when device is switch on, do all steps.

Other WAY No3

1. Once the OS has been installed, you have to prepare it for the device.

Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon.

Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader.

Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file.

2. You are now ready to restore your device. Verify that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running. Plug the device directly into the computer's USB port.

We are about to venture into the bowls of the beast. Windows is not suitable for this job, we are going to invoke the Command line interface with an option switch. This was the way all computers worked prior to Macintosh and Windows.

Windows XP: Start / Run... / Type "Command" into box without the quotes.

Windows Vista: Click on Start / Type "Command" into search box without the quotes.

You will see a black window similar to this. I have used UPPERCASE to highlight the typed commands.

Windows Vista
CD \

Windows XP
CD \

When using Vista 64 bit operating systems the command should look like this...
CD \

When you hit enter at the last command a forced rebuild will start. No data or setting will be saved, however, they can be recovered from a previous backup.

3. Wait for it to finish. Thirty minutes is typical, do not interrupt it.

Once it has recovered, you can use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to customize it and restore from your backup files, if you have saved them previously.

Type EXIT in the Dos window when finished with it to close it down.

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Blackberry device is in a boot loop... please help!!!

first post ever referring to SAFE MODE for blackberry!  wow... wish i knew about it years ago.  thank you for the post!!  lifesaver