Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
janela3
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Blackberry email address

I have recently ceased using my Blackberry and changed phones. However emails sent to me through my Australian carrier on my usual email address still get a copy sent to my Blackberry email address. So the senders keep getting non-delivery messages (although their email to my main carrier gets through OK - it is confusing for them to get  non-delivery). I have checked with my main carrier and they advise my settings with them are OK etc and that it is a Blackberry issue. I have security wiped my phone so nothing remains on it but the problem is not solved. How do i get rid of my Blackberry email address? i can't use my Blackberry anymore as virtually nothing remains on it and i have no internet access on it and I can't find a Blackberry help phone number to call - I'm in Australia?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry email address

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, the "hosted" (e.g., @BlackBerry, @carrier, etc.) email accounts are managed by the mobile service providers. If that was Telstra for your BB, then you need to ring them up and have them eliminate that email account.

But...from your description, I actually don't think that's the problem. Rather, whatever service you have that is forwarding to the @bb email is where the problem resides...that forward needs to be eliminated or replaced with something valid. If that forward is sending emails to your now-deleted @bb account, then an NDR would actually be the correct result.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janela3

Thanks for your reply and you are correct. I deactivated the BB address with Telstra but the problem still remains. I have checked my settings with Telstra and on Outlook and security cleared my BB device but still emails sent to my Bigpond address are being forwarded to my BB address. Any clues what other service to check to eliminate the forwarding?? This is so frustrating! Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Yes -- the problem is not on your BB nor at Telstra. It's at Bigpond. Somehow, there is a forwarder there that is forwarding to your now-dead hosted email address, resulting in the NDR. You need to investigate with Bigpond as to what that forwarder might be.

It's entirely possible that there is a server-based (at Bigpond) auto-forwarder in place...but I've never used Bigpond, so I really can't guide you with any further detail...except to reiterate that the problem is at Bigpond, not on your BB nor at Telstra.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janela3

Thanks for replying so quickly! I'll get back onto Bigpond!
Please use plain text.