Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Patrick
My Device: BB 9930 v7.0.0.374, Platform 5.0.0.552
Accepted Solution

Blackberry future for retail users

I seem to recall a Blackberry announcement around mid-2012 that basically said the company would be focusing on its corporate customers and not the retail market.  I've recently considered switching from the BB 9930 to an Android phone but would prefer to stay with BB and wait for the BB 10 release in a few months.  Now I understand that Verizon will no longer sell Blackberry phones, so I'll be stuck buying it elsewhere (full price instead of Verizon discount).

Should a little guy like me even be considering staying with BB?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry future for retail users

Where did you hear that Verizon will no longer sell BB phones?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Do you have a reliable source that says that Verizon will stop selling BlackBerry phones?

Here is an article dated September 2012 that says otherwise:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57506842-94/verizon-wireless-confirms-multiple-windows-phones-in-q4...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

There is no reliable source stating that.

Advice: Do not take the words of the folks in a cell phone retail outlet as being accurate. They only want to sell you a phone today and really have little knowledge of individual platforms or what is to come. They work on commission and just want to make a sale "today."

Verizon will, indeed, offer BlackBerry devices in the future, as most carriers that currently carry them will.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Patrick

Was in a Verizon store in Egg Harbor Twshp, NJ and was told that by the rep.

Guru I
John_Clark

Patrick wrote:

Was in a Verizon store in Egg Harbor Twshp, NJ and was told that by the rep.

I called that one!!

Sales Reps in the stores are not reliable sources for anything.   One of them even told me that RIM was bankrupt and was not going to include BBM in BB10.  Both statements are completely false. 

Contributor
Patrick

Just to be clear, he indicated that BB would still operate on the Verizon system, but that they had or would stop selling them directly and I would have to buy it elsewhere.

Guru I
John_Clark

Patrick wrote:

Just to be clear, he indicated that BB would still operate on the Verizon system, but that they had or would stop selling them directly and I would have to buy it elsewhere.

Completely false.  You will be able to purchase a Verizon BB10 device.  The timeline for when they will offer it is still up in the air but I would expect to see it by the end of Q1. 

Read this article:

http://crackberry.com/verizon-cmo-confirms-they-will-have-blackberry-10-launch

Contributor
Patrick

thanks for the link.  Was told differently by a Verizon in-store rep.

Guru I
John_Clark

They just want you to buy a device in their store "today." That's how they earn their living.