Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
tom4231
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry is **bleep**. Keeps freezing on startup.. Clock appears and never goes. Also keeps failing to respond when I unlock!?

[ Edited ]

Firstly, 

when i turn my phone on in the morning, or the alarm goes off, after that it just freezes. The small clock comes up and that too freezes and the clock with the time on it gets stuck in time and i just have a brick phone.

Then normally during the day i try to wake my BB:smileymad: by pressing a key etc and nothing happens, sometimes for 2mins or so. Just sits there blank and lifeless and there is nothing i can do.

I have minimal apps installed. Shut them down when not in use. So idk whats happening.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry is **bleep**. Keeps freezing on startup.. Clock appears and never goes. Also keeps failing to respond when I unlock!?

Hi tom4231

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Generally this occurs when applications runs in the background , or because of any Unknown Third party application installed within our device or because of low memory .Sometime A battery pull restart is enough to resolve this issue.Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Are you Closing all  Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.Please Check this Article :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

What is your device OS version ?Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kartikeyabhargava95
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry is **bleep**. Keeps freezing on startup.. Clock appears and never goes. Also keeps failing to respond when I unlock!?

Hi, the problems could be due to less internal storage for apps, or it could be a software related issue.

Have you updated your OS recently? If yes, then i suggest you reinstall it once more.

Also please make sure that the apps have been uninstalled correctly.

Do a battery pull once a week, it clears out the temporary memory.

Clear logs by pressing "alt lglg"

Delete any unwanted languages.

Change you camera storage settings to mass storage, if they are set to device and move the earlier stored pictures if any.

For more stepsm visit the following link :

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-free-memory-your-blackberry-smartphone

If your query is resolved then please click on - 'Accept as Solution'
Thank You.
Please use plain text.