Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
EllnM
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry is stalling

I get a little square in the middle of the screen, with a clock-like hand rotating in it.  This lasts for anywhere from 30 seconds to many minutes.  Then the BBerry behaves normally for a while.  Plus the battery is draining much faster than usual.  And I got a new battery only about a month ago. 

I tried removing and replacing the battery. 

I am trying to keep this guy going until the Q10 comes out in the US.  What can I do?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry is stalling

Hi EllnM

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

That black square or an clock may appear in our device homescreen in certain situation like , if your device is suffering from low memory , any installed application or if applications run in the background.To know what application are running  in the background press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) you can always look if any other apps. are running in the background.

Sometime a bad app can also create such issue , if you recently installed any application then you should consider deleting that particular application, which might help .

You can also consider reloading your device software, In most cases Reloading / updating our device OS fixes such issue . To do that first do a proper backup of your device , for help refer to this article : How To Backup Your BlackBerry . Once you have your backup you can follow this Knowledge Base to perform a Clean OS reload : 

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Hopefully it will get your device going until Q10 been released and even after that :smileyhappy:

try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.