If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

priyaxo
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin

Blackberry keeps freezing during reboot

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800, and it was working fine.  Then it switched itself off randomly and my immediate reaction was to reboot it. However when I done this, my phone froze, literally 1/10th into the line, so it's still very close to the beginning of the reboot.  I tried rebooting the phone again and it freezes at the exact same place each time. I have tried leaving the battery out, letting the Blackberry reboot overnight, connecting it to my laptop and nothing has worked. What can I do to get it working?

Please use plain text.
Toyascloset
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Digicel (GUY)

Re: Blackberry keeps freezing during reboot

I have the same problem. It freezes like 3/4 of the way and stays there for a whole minute before continuing. Is that normal? If not, then what are possible causes and remedies?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

priyaxco wrote :

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800, and it was working fine.  Then it switched itself off randomly and my immediate reaction was to reboot it. However when I done this, my phone froze, literally 1/10th into the line, so it's still very close to the beginning of the reboot.  I tried rebooting the phone again and it freezes at the exact same place each time. I have tried leaving the battery out, letting the Blackberry reboot overnight, connecting it to my laptop and nothing has worked. What can I do to get it working?

Hi priyaxo

Welcome to the Community

Please remove your memory card if you have any then see if it reboots or freezes,If problem persists you can Reload or Update your Device Software .Have a look  :

KB03901 : How to Update or Reload BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry desktop software.

Try it and see if problem resolves.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Toyascloset wrote :

I have the same problem. It freezes like 3/4 of the way and stays there for a whole minute before continuing. Is that normal? If not, then what are possible causes and remedies?

Hi Toyascloset

Welcome to the Community

Your Device freezes or struck while reboot it may be because of Installed Application within your device.The more Application within your device will take time to load .So if you want a cure Remove all unwanted or install limited Application on your Device which will lead to a faster loading while reboot.

Let us know if you have any problem.

Prince

Please use plain text.
priyaxo
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin

Nothing worked for me, so I gave my phone into repair by contacting my mobile provider.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

priyaxo wrote :

Nothing worked for me, so I gave my phone into repair by contacting my mobile provider.

Hi priyaxo

Have you Reloaded or updated your device software ? Anyway its good that you contacted your Mobile provider  regarding this issue.

Prince

Please use plain text.
THULZA
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hello

I have the same problem with my BB curve, it started freezing at a point then I took out the battery but still it continued freezing at a point. But one day when i took out the battery, it took a long time to reboot and stood there for a long time, changed to the vodacom page then stood there for a long time then after a moment it gave me a

(Application error code: at the moment it is 663)

I hope you can help me because i need to use  it for some very important documents

Thank You

Please use plain text.