Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
LizzS
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry keeps freezing

Today by Blackberry turned itself off. For several hours all I could get was the black Blackberry loading screen with the bar, but it wouldn't go to my home screen. I tried battery pull, turning it on without sim etc. It will now open to the home screen, after doing the loading bar for about 30 minutes. It appears to have defaulted to some kind of factory setting - it's wiped all my photos, but I still have numbers (presumeably saved to my SIM). There's no text messaging icon and it freezes if I go into messages icon at all and doesn't display text messages or emails; only Blackberry App update notifications etc. It also freezes if I try to go into Facebook, or Settings, or pretty much anything else. The only way to unfreeze it then is to turn it off again.

When it goes into my homescreen it displays some error messages - but I can't say what they are at the moment becasue it won't move off the loading screen!

I'd be grateful of any advice

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LizzS
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Re: Blackberry keeps freezing

The notifications are:
Uncaught exception:java.lang.Error;
Uncaught exception:ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0xf405d42294c6940e)timeout;
Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x1c26ebcd7b130582)timeout

Then it goes to a white screen with App Error 603 Reset