Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sheldonphelan
My Device: Blackberry 9780
Accepted Solution

Blackberry not connecting to blackberry world server

Hi

I have a BB9780. I got it as a second hand set.

My service provider is Vodacom SA and I has a BIS package with them, they confirm that my package from their side has no issues.

I have tried all the advice i have read on this Forum and still nothing helps.

I enter BB app world and it tells me that "Blackberry cannot connect to the blackberry world server".

Again this is not form the side of my carrier as they confirm that my package is open and useable.

I can gain Temp access to BB app world via WiFi but lose connection, and its not my WiFi as my Laptop remains online when i get disconnected

Please Help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
afl2277
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Blackberry not connecting to blackberry world server

Hi. I think we definitely need to establish whether your BlackBerry Internet services are active. Click on the top of the screen where the date is and a list will appear. Scroll down till you get to status. Click on that and look in three to see if says Blackberry Internet connected or mobile network.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheldonphelan

Hi thanks, Finally the root of the problem. Its shows Not Connected at BIS and BES. What next?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
afl2277

Ok. Don't worry about the BES....that is Blackberry Enterprise Service and just for use by companies. The setting we use is BIS....Blackberry Internet services. Unfortunately many networks will tell users that their BIS is connected when they haven't actually done it. My advice is to ring the network, tell them where you have looked, in the status. that it quite clearly shows your BIS is not connected, and ask them to connect it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
afl2277

If the phone is second hand it will also be advisable to do a security wipe on it to remove the previous owner details....just in case they didn't do it and that will save problems later if it hasn't been done. Remove the sim and sd card, go into options, security and security wipe. Leave it to wipe....it might take a while so leave it to reboot at its own time. When it has started up again ring the network for them to connect your BIS.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheldonphelan

My issue has been sorted out. Seems the nuts working in the call centre of my service provider are to dam lazy to do the work to sort it out!

Please use plain text.
nuradilah
My Device: blackberry 8520

my problem same with sheldon. bis still not connected. what should i do? i'm done do what you tell him about that, and there's still the same.
Please use plain text.