Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry not receiving email but can send

OK...given that, then please scroll up to post 2 and do the 3 steps there (yes, step 1 will be redundant...but that's not an issue). Please do those steps while you have a strong carrier signal...not WiFi.

What you now describe is very strange indeed...very strange...it almost makes me wonder if (yes, it was "new") the device is receiving BIS services from a different carrier, and that those are blocked when you are on your Qtel network, but work fine via WiFi. Very strange...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
guruvenketraman
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Dear Sdgardne

Did you come across any solution or clue to resolve the issue we were discussing?

Thanks,

Guru.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Since you did not respond, I've done nothing since 23-Feb, the last time I posted here (post 12).

Did you do those steps again? And how did each step complete? Your result of Step 2 will be most interesting indeed (given that you already reported that Step 1 completes OK).

Have you continued escalating with your mobile service provider? Consider...who do you pay for your services? Your provider is who you pay...they further are responsible for support on service-related issues. Right now, they seem to be delivering neither services nor support for you, yet you continue to pay them...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
guruvenketraman

I am really tired dealing with them(Qtel). Every time i contact them some random new person deals with me so really tired of explaining the problem to make them understand. I am glad that atleast u got my problem exactly though it is very strange one.

Now i am planning to change my service provider from Qtel("Ooredoo" now) to Vodafone. I have already tested with my friend's vodafone sim card and its working fine with vodafone. i end up with no other solution. But curious to know what the problem is. Atleast just by knowing i could help someone who facing same kinda issuues.

Thanks,

Guru.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I have no access to any carrier systems. Indeed, other than my experience, I have no access to anything other than what you report here in this thread. All I can deduce is that there is a problem in the Qtel system...what that problem is, I have no way to even guess.

I think you are making a wise decision to switch carriers.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
guruvenketraman

There is no problem with Qtel in general, as no other BB users have complaint like this. its Something between me, my Bold9900 and Qtel i guess...
By the way thanks for your prompt and swift reply to my queries.
Will let you know if any miracles happens in this regard.

Cheers,

Guru.