Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

M4NST33L
My Device: Bold 9790

Blackberry problems through Best Buy Mobile

Under 2 years ago approximately, I entered a Blackberry Smartphone plan through Best Buy Mobile with the PEP on both of the phones purchased. Since then, the phones have had to be replaced a total of 9 times. Six times total for the unit I use, 3 times total for the other unit. 

The exchanges have gone something like this:

Blackberry Curve 9300 (Battery Charger Stopped Working) --> Blackberry Curve 9300(Headphone Jack Stopped Working) -->Blackberry Bold 9790(Touch Screen and Battery Charge Stopped Working) -->Blackberry Bold 9790(Headphone Jack Stopped Working)--> Blackberry Bold 9790(Battery Stopped Working) --> Blackberry Bold 9790 **The must frustrating claim** My phone would constantly turn off and slowly power backup whenever it was put into standby. I was told this was a software issue and was not covered. The issue continued for 2 months until the headphone jack again broke and I was able to make a valid PEP claim. --> Blackberry Bold 9790

**THE OTHER UNIT I PURCHASED***

Blackberry Bold 9700 (Camera Stopped Working) --> Blackberry Bold 9790 (Touch Screen Stopped Working) --> Blackberry Bold 9790 (Battery Charge Stopped Working)-->Blackberry Bold 9790

Recently, I made a call to customer service regarding my dissatisfaction with the phone plan I purchased. It is to my knowledge that the PEP plan is in place to protect people whom cannot afford the high price of replacing phones. With regards to that idea, the plan is definitely effective. However, I have encountered a total of 9 broken phones and have become incredibly tired of the constant need to replace the units. 

The call I placed seemed to land of deaf ears as nothing was done to remedy my situation. I stated my issue and complaint stating I was not satisfied with my plan, nor the Blackberry Units that now feel have been forced upon me. I asked if it were possible to remove myself from the plan to change to a different phone. I had every intention to once again purchase a phone through Best Buy Mobile because their PEP plan has been very useful. I have not had to pay any money for the exchange of my phones.

However, the person assisting me told me that I would have to either buyout my plan and exchange my phone, or simply live out the remainder of my contract. So instead of assisting a customer whom would have bought another 3yr plan through Best Buy Mobile and Telus (whom I have been with for almost 9 years), I was instead basically told to **** myself and deal with it. Or at least, thats how it feels. Due to budget restrictions, I will now be forced to use this terrible Blackberry unit for another 12 months.

I will never buy a phone through Best Buy Mobile again, nor through Telus. Instead of assisting me out of a plan with barely a year left on it, I have been forced to live out the plan with the garbage phones that are available to me. Anybody looking to purchase a phone through Best Buy Mobile think twice. Make sure you are buying a phone you are 100% satisfied with because if it turns out to be a nightmare and a piece of **bleep**, Best Buy likely won't give a **bleep**.

Please use plain text.