Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
VandenBrande
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Blackberry screen

My  screen all of a sudden has gone white, even when I reboot itithe screen is unresponsive, I've restored all the settings but still nothing, can someone help!? 

Contributor
VandenBrande

Re: Blackberry screen

Anyone please?!?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, if the behavior does not continue, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
VandenBrande

Which one is the escape key? It says to hold down the escape key to get into safe mode, which one is it? 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

The one with an arrow, in a circle going back onto itself.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
VandenBrande

Done that, still the same white screen. Nothing happened, it was a black screen when I inserted the battery, held the escape as instructed then it went whie again 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Did you only try once? I did say to try several times, and with different key sequences if needed. How quick between putting the battery in and the white screen? And nothing else on the screen, just all white?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
VandenBrande

Have tried multiple times, pressing buttons beforehand and then holding down, a few seconds it takes and here : 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No image displayed in your post...just tell me if the screen is all white or if there is anything at all else displayed.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
VandenBrande

White, some bits darker than others with light green around the edge