Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
RickAthens
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blacklisted Bold 9900

I purchased a Bold 9900 in oct 2012 on eBay from a highly recomended USA seller. Phones works great everywhere except the UK. After 8 months of trying to find out the issue including changing carriers I was informed that the phone is blacklisted only in the UK. I have contacted the seller who tells me the phone is out of warranty, I have contacted my carrier who says they cannot help, I have contacted eBay who says I need to contact the seller and I am trying to contact Blackberry but after hours of searching see no way of getting in touch with Blackberry for this type of issue. I just seem to be going around in circles. I have a receipt for the purchase and am a little surprised that it is so difficult to solve this problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blacklisted Bold 9900

It's likely blacklisted because it was reported stolen or lost by the previous owner.

Only the carrier who placed the blacklist can remove it. Whose (what carrier) screen appears on the device at bootup?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RickAthens

It was sold as NEW and it came unopened in the box. The USA based seller assures that it was new and must be on the list by mistake. I had no problem setting it up on the two carriers I have been with. It also works everywhere except the UK. I didn't buy it on a street corner and the seller is a 4 star rated seller so I feel comfortable that it is on the list by mistake but I have no idea who to talk to to get it removed. I have the receipt from the seller to proove it was purchased legitimately. Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders

It doesn't matter if it was purchased legitimately, trust me as much as I use eBay, there are NO authorized BlackBerry sellers on eBay.

I've told you how to get it off the list, and asked a question you didn't answer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RickAthens

[ Edited ]

I don't recall any carrier when I first started the phone up except the carrier that I had subscribed to and inserted their SIM card. Although the screen has a Vodafone screensaver. I have already asked Vodafone and they said they could not help me. I will try them again. Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Yea, good luck, it's likely then that Voda blacklisted it and it's very very rare to have one removed from blacklist, for obvious reasons.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.