Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

kristofbonnyexme
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Proximus

Blocked BB wiht unknown password

Hi everyone, One of our customers tought she was changing the pin code of her Sim Card but after restart of the BB the pin code was nog accepted. After 10 try's the sim was blocked which is normal. After un blocking the sim card with the puk code the BB now asks for a pin of password but nothing is accepted... We've already tryed 9 combinations but nothing is accepted. I sure that after 10 wrong inputs the BB wil be resetted and al data will be lost. What i was afraid of : Customer has no backup. Anyone any idea what we can do ? Is it possible to backup the BB with the desktop software when the BB is protected with a password ? Customer is planning on comming by tomorrow. Hopefully we can find a solution. Any hints are welcome ! Greetings Kristof
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blocked BB wiht unknown password

you cant backup with out the password

hopefully you can get the user to remember it

also type it in teh device and not with a PC as many people think numbers are used when in fact its letters unless you hit the alt key

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
kristofbonnyexme
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Proximus

Re: Blocked BB wiht unknown password

Is it true that, when typing in the word "blackberry" as a password the handheld will start up again giving the possibility to try again for 10 times ? I'm afraid the user thought she was changing the pin code of her sim card instead of the password of her device and therefore did not use the alt key to select numbers instead of letters ....
Please use plain text.