05-07-2013 06:23 PM
05-11-2013 08:47 AM
Recently I updated the operating system on my blackberry and since then I have been having problems. I removed my car blue tooth device from my blackberry and re-installed it. The device is paired and recognized however when I attempt to use it I am being told that no phone is found.
05-11-2013 08:58 AM
OK...thank you for that additional information. Base on that, we can guess that perhaps something went wrong with the OS reload, or that perhaps there is a bug in the OS version you installed. As such, you need to conduct an OS reload, and perhaps use a different OS package.
Please refer to this official download portal as you proceed. It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.
From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:
Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. After installing the OS package to your PC, please remeber to delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.
Good luck and let us know!
05-17-2013 03:09 PM
Hello again -- sorry for the delayed reply...I was attending BBLive this week and just had no free time at all.
Given what you describe, I can only deduce that this "latest" OS you installed is the problem, and you should fall back to a version that does not have this problem. If you know what you were previously running, then you would use that instead of what you used above. If you don't know what OS you previously were running, then you have to go through trial and error to find it...here's a procedure you can try:
When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.
If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.
If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.
Good luck and let us know!