Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
G3000LEE
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Bluetooth, Cant Send Files - BB 9700

I have a BB 9700 and its my first BB phone.

I can not transfer any files, phone number or documents to my BB 9700.

I have 3 other phones and can transfer files between them also using my PC which has a Bluetooth dongle but not to the BB 9700. I can send files from my BB 9700 but just can’t receive.

I have done all the basic like paired the devises and selected YES on ‘Trusted’

I called T-mobile and they said they don't support the Bluetooth on BB and that the Bluetooth on most BB are rubbish and a lot of people have problems with it.

her

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bluetooth, Cant Send Files - BB 9700

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

See this KB:

• KB05409 Transfer a file using Bluetooth technology between two BlackBerry smartphones

If the other device is not a BB, then substitute, in the KB, the appropriate instructions for your other device in place of the KB section for the sending or receiving device. If a BB is the receiving device, do not skip the "Receive Using BT" step on the receiving BB...nothing will transfer if you do.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
chedv31
My Carrier: Globe

Hi, I have the same problem. Im trying to send a file, picture or mp3 to my BB9700 from Nokia e52 but it says "unable to connect". but from BB to nokia, it works just fine. can you tell me the step by step process to do this?

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

chedv31 wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem. Im trying to send a file, picture or mp3 to my BB9700 from Nokia e52 but it says "unable to connect". but from BB to nokia, it works just fine. can you tell me the step by step process to do this?

thanks.

Hi and Welcome to the forums

Yes -- the post immediately above yours has the proper steps.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
djfardeen
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

Same problem

What a Bluetooth does bold 9700 have i am unable to connect it to my e66 as well as my samsung c5212. It get Paired but Wont Accept any kind of Data or Contacts or Mp3 straight it shows unable to connect.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

djfardeen wrote:

Same problem

What a Bluetooth does bold 9700 have i am unable to connect it to my e66 as well as my samsung c5212. It get Paired but Wont Accept any kind of Data or Contacts or Mp3 straight it shows unable to connect.

Ummm....what? I can't quite decipher what those words are intending to convey.

Nevertheless, please scroll up to the recommended solution and report back, clearly and exactly, what you do for each step in the process and exactly what the result is for each step.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Kalsereousz
My Carrier: T-mobile

Is this a manufacturer fault?

Like the people before I can send files ok but I cant recieve any bluetooth from my Galaxy S.

Sending from my Galaxy, the BB LED flashes blue but nothing happens, on the Galaxy it says the recieving device has rejected the file.

Device properties for paired Galaxy S...

trusted...Yes

Encryption.. Enabled

Bluetooth options are set to discoverable and nothing else looks like it could be a factor, encryption disabled/enabled doesnt change anything.

Any ideas guys?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Kalsereousz wrote:

Is this a manufacturer fault?

Impossible to yet say.

Kalsereousz wrote:

Like the people before I can send files ok but I cant recieve any bluetooth from my Galaxy S.

Sending from my Galaxy, the BB LED flashes blue but nothing happens, on the Galaxy it says the recieving device has rejected the file.

Device properties for paired Galaxy S...

trusted...Yes

Encryption.. Enabled

Bluetooth options are set to discoverable and nothing else looks like it could be a factor, encryption disabled/enabled doesnt change anything.

Any ideas guys?

But, you did not state what you did concerning the instructions in the second post in this thread..."Receive Using BT" on your BB before you initiate the Send from the other device...please review that post as well as the linked KB. If it still does not work, report back with the specific steps you take and the specific results you witness.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
rikiel786

On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, select Media.

• Select a media type (Music, Video, Ring Tones, Pictures).
  • Press the Menu button and select Receive using Bluetooth. The File Transfer dialog box appears, followed by a prompt to Save or Cancel the file.
  • Select Save to save the file to the current location, or select the folder icon to save the file in a different location.
  •  

hi i have tried doing the following, but where it says:

Press the Menu button and select Receive using Bluetooth. The File Transfer dialog box appears, followed by a prompt to Save or Cancel the file.

I haven't got an option to save it , it just says 'File Transfer, waiting for connection' although at this point on the other phone it says   ' Connecting'   thats all and then it just says on my other phone 'Connection failed timed out'

Although they are paired up.

What do I do?

Please use plain text.
    desmondj
    My Carrier: Celcom

rikiel...I have the same problem with you. Any good samaritians can assist. Everytime I try to connet or add BT device on my PC (Win 7) even after i install the BB deskstop this annoying message 'Blootooth Peripheral Device' problem keeps popping out.

An ordinary guy in an extraordinary world
    Please use plain text.