Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Bluetooth Headset issues.

Hi , 

I bought a bluetooth headset based on the information I received by a high ranked poster on here and im finding what they told me was perhaps untrue...

Basically i was told with a bluetooth headset activated when an incoming call comes thru from my bbb9700 then the ACTUAL ringtone for the contact i have assigned say for arguments sake "sweet child o mine" then it is supposed to play in the bluetooth headset so i can tell which friend is ringing me , but all i keep getting is the generic typical bluetooth default tone for every single contact in the earpiece yet the bbb9700 blasts out the song clearly ???

any ideas if i am doing anything wrong or if i need to change some settings?

I have a samsung sbh650 stereo headset.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bluetooth Headset issues.

I would direct this question to this user in question and ask what Bluetooth device they have because I own 2 BT ear pieces and have played around with many in the past.  None of which were able to ring unique ringtones you set for each person, they display a generic ring for all contacts.

So from the sounds of it, you aren't doing anything wrong, the device just isn't able to ring unique ringtones from your device.  Again, PM or direct that user to this post and ask them personally what BT device they own that allows that or maybe you miss understood.

Stephen Jones
Do un to others as you would have others do un to you.