Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Bluetooth Issue with 9700 --- OS 5.0

I have a new Bold 9700 on Rogers. When I pair the phone with my car stereo and play music, the music skips repeatedly.

I used to have a Curve 8900 (OS 4.6) and had zero issues with the bluetooth music playback through my stereo. I also upgraded my Curve to OS 5.0 (leaked OS) and found that music started to skip, so I downgraded back to OS 4.6 and the problem disappeared.

I was hoping that since the 9700 shipped with OS 5.0 that this problem would be fixed, but it isn't. I just want to make sure that RIM knows about this issue so that it gets resolved in future OS builds. It is very annoying as I have a 16GB card full of music in my 9700 that has become useless when traveling.

Please fix this!!!

Oh and youtube doesn't work either.

Also, the keyboard lock button on the top should be able to be disabled. It is much too easy to push accidentally when the phone is in my pocket and if you could disable it and only use the */send key operation to unlock the phone, that would be much better.

Thanks for any help!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Bluetooth Issue with 9700 --- OS 5.0

I am having the same issue with mine.  I hope it's a software issue...

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Same here

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I found a quick fix for now. This morning I disable the WI-FI for a while and guess what? It plays perfect. Try it, at least until we find a better solution, usually  I don't use wi-fi while driving,  I just have to remember turn it on when I get at home\work.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

If you haven't already, you may wish to upgrade to 5.0.0.351 as well. You can download it from the Rogers BlackBerry site.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-mobile

I'm having the same problem with my 8900 ever since the upgrade to OS 5.