Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Bluetooth and 2011 Toyota Avalon

I have my blackberry paired and connected to my 2011 Avalon.  However...when i enablke it...it imediately is showing a call.  When I disconnect that call and try to dial a new number the car display says "please check your phone".  There is no message on my phone.

The blue light is flashingon my blackberry and the BT shows as connected on the car.

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9650

Re: Bluetooth and 2011 Toyota Avalon

[ Edited ]

I too have an Avalon with a handsfree Bluetooth connection. The phone pairs OK with both the MP3 player and the cell phone working, but I am not able to transfer  contacts to the Toyota device frfom the phone.\

It seems only one contact (the very first one) will transfer and then the units disconnect.  I tried several simple hacks like pressing the transfer buttons at the same time and making a group of  contacts that occupied the first record, but nothing works.

If you have a fix for this I would really like to hear about it.

My Device: Bold 9650

All my contacts transferred from the bold with no issues.

Did you have an issue setting up the actual phone to call.  Mine is paired and BT is showing on the car but as soon as I connect it...it shows as "talking" n the car.  I discoonect it by hitting "transfer" and then the hand up buttom.  Then the dial a number screen appears.  When i dial...it saws "check my phone" and I cannot make a call.

any thoughts???

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

My phone works normally in the car, but It is severely limited because there are no contact numbers, save the very first record that transfered. I tried this with the two other phone I have, a Motorola Razor and a Motorola flip phone. I have not been able to transfer the list on any of the phones.

At this point I am guessing and speculating about the problem and the solution. I am not sure where the problem lies, either with Blackberry or with Toyota/JBL. I suspect the problem is with the Toyota/JBL system in that I can transfer records to any Garmin devices with Bluetooth, and to other Toyota vehicles with a Pioneer nav system.

I might add that if one  does a Google search of this problem ther are many hits on various forums describing the same problem.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Similar issues here with 2012 Camry can connect but not receive or make a call...
New Contributor

That Avalon got totaled and I bought another one. This one has the NAV system and it works perfectly. I concluded the firmware on the non NAV units is faulty. Good luck getting anyone to acknowledge ther is a problem.
Highlighted
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have  paired the Blackberry Touch, the 9780, The 9700 and even the Curve via BT to my Lexus GS 450H without any issues but when I try the Bold 9900 you are immediately talking and when you try to make a call it says "please check your phone"