Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Donny1916
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth causes Power Off

I use two Bluetooth devices to listen to music on my Blackberry Bold.

·         an FM transmitter that plays the music through my car’s stereo system

·         a Bluetooth headset

My problem is that after a certain period of time (around an hour of usage) using either of these devices my Blackberry Bold will power off and I have to restart it .:smileysad:

The Blackberry Bold is fully charged and when I turn it back on it will play music quite well for another hour or so.

The Blackberry Bold never powers down other than when it is transmitting to one of my Bluetooth devices.

Anyone got any ideas why this would be happening? Do I need to return the Blackberry Bold to get looked at?

Thanks in advance

Developer
chetzy

Re: Bluetooth causes Power Off

Shouldnt be doing this; you could
1) return back to store get a brand new one
2) upgrade the software
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/169177-latest-os-9000-4-6-0-365-...

New Contributor
aintsolucky

Donny1916,

Were you able to resolve this issue by using either the update or the exchanging the phone. The reason I ask is because my phone is doing the same thing. I pair my phone to the blackberry stereo gateway, and it crashes at random intervals. There is another thread with other people having similar issues.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=9766

Contributor
Donny1916

Hi

I haven't had a chance to try the the update as I've been away for work. I'm gonna try this weekend and I'll get back to you with the results once I use the stereo bluetooth. From the replies in the other thread its not looking too good which is a real bummer as one of the main reasons I purchased the bold was the stereo bluetooth.

Don

Contributor
Donny1916

And now my BBB turned itself off mid telephone conversation - methinks something very bad is wrog with this phone.:smileymad:
Contributor
Donny1916

chetzy wrote:
Shouldnt be doing this; you could
1) return back to store get a brand new one
2) upgrade the software
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/169177-latest-os-9000-4-6-0-365-...

Well the good news is that I updated the software you suggested and road tested the stereo bluetooth on two 1.5 hour car journeys and the BBB didn't restart once. So fingers crossed that's the problem fixed.

Thanks

cnastanski

I performed an OS upgrade but the problem still seems to be happening.  Every so often when playing the music and listening on stereo Bluetooth headphones, the blackberry crashes.  After rebooting, it starts “scanning” the flash drive (maybe to synch the files somehow?) for about 45 minutes.  During this time, the device is very slow and cannot play music without jitters or even answer phone calls sometimes.

I’ve tried two different stereo Bluetooth headsets and the problem occurs with both of them.  I’ve also tried using a regular corded headset and it works fine.  So the problem seems to be with the Blackberry’s Bluetooth software.  I’m a little frustrated since I’ve bought two Bluetooth headsets now and still can’t get the phone to work!

I had my corporate IT people do the upgrade, and they upgraded it to this version: 

V4.6.0.282 (Platform 4.0.0.235)

Crypographic Kernel: v3.8.5.50a

Is my version up to date?  Is there actually a newer version out there?  Or is there some other way to fix this problem?  If we can't solve the crashing problem, is there a way to solve the "synch" problem?  

Craig

Contributor
ninekrish
My Device: Curve 9360

Did you get any solution for this?