Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth connection failed

Hi, i'm trying to send ringtone from a mac to the BB. Phone and the computer are already paired, and can sync fine with Missing Sync.

I then go to Media -> Explore -> Ringtone folder. Press the menu key, select Receive using Bluetooth. As soon as I clicked it, it goes to say "searching for connection," and in less than 1 sec it says "File Transfer connection failed" It feels like it hasn't even try to establish any type of connection.

I searched the forum, mostly just people asking how to receive file using BB. I called AT&T AMS (or something like that), first rep told me BB doesn't support mac, 2nd rep told me BB bluetooth transfer is only for Blackberry to Blackberry, 3rd rep basically just follow the booklet and asked me to repeat going to media, Ringtone, hit menu, receive using bluetooth..etc etc.

USB cable works fine when I mount it as a mass storage. But this gives me really bad dilemma because when I use USB cable to sync with Pocketmac or Missing Sync, it stops at certain point, and sync never completes. Using Bluetooth with Missing Sync works fine. But in order for me to transfer file, i have to use a USB cable. This is just ...stupid.

Anyone got solution for this? TIA!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bluetooth connection failed

bump...this is pretty bad.

I got this and some other problem going on at the same time, the user intuitive level of this phone is just horrible.

I uploaded a video see if it can demonstrate my probem more clear. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIUSPHFM6eU

If no solution I think this phone's going back to the store.