Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
acharest
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth handsfree problems with BB Bold

Hi,

I just bought a Blackberry Bold, upgrading from Pearl. My car (Audi A4) is equipped with Bluetooth Handsfree kit.

Is was flawless with BB Pearl, Motorola Razr, 2 different Nokia phones, but it doesn't work well with Blackberry Bold. Receiving calls is ok.

Voice dialing doesn't work. The phones tries to make the call but doesn't wait long enough for communication to establish. Sometimes, BB will make the connexion AFTER hansfree kit has told me there was an error communicating and has closed.

Looks to me it is a question of delay or acnowledgement between BB andHandsfree kit.

I tried with or without holster and there is no difference. Rogers changed the phone, same problem.

Could RIM use the same protocol as BB Pearl?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BCMike
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bluetooth handsfree problems with BB Bold

What Bold OS are you using?  I had trouble with .162 but .168 seems to be working ok.  The .12X and .15X worked ok, jsut that one version that my service released.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This is an old article but it does support a connection with the Audi:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04009&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

The problem with a lot of carkits is they do not use native windows Bluetooth drivers.

These are the drivers that Blackberry was designed for.  That's why a lot of the older carkits worked great.

You might see if Audi can verify what carkit, and what drivers are used.

Here is a link that may help:

http://audiforum.us/search.php?do=process

Thanks,

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks   

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-29-2008 02:55 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acharest

Hi again

Thanks for the article on Audi. My car is 2006 Audi A4 and it is listed as tested and compatible with BB.

It was perfect with my Pearl.

My OS is 162. That's the latest release from Rogers.

Let's hope that when they do release 168, it will solve the problem.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thecount

me too, mine is a 2005 A4 Avant and its just says "no entries" in the dash.  worked really well with my Palm Treo 680 !
Please use plain text.
pbennett

Hi

I just switched from Curve to Bold. With my Acura MDX no problems with Curve and the Bluetooth function of vehicle. With Bold, its hot and miss that the connect. I find myself stopping the car, turning it off, and on again to get it to connect sometimes. Very frustrating. I have to change to a different BB if I cant get this fixed. Any idea how I can get this software update?

Thx

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acharest

Yes, it is exactly the same problem on my Audi. Bluetooth disconnect and reconnect roughly every 20 minutes.

I am now sure it is a Blackberry Bold issue, because my Pearl wasn't behaving like that. Major flaw for that device. Except for that problem, this is the best Blackberry I've ever used.

Let's hope RIM fixes that problem soon.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thecount

I am wondering if anyone can explain to me what would happen if they find a solution?  is there a way of upgrading the device then? 

Also, what is the latest version of software and where do I check on my device?  

tia 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acharest

Hi everybody, I installed OS 4.6.0.185 that I downloaded from TIM (Italy). It is an official multilangual Blackberry release. Check for that version and procedure on Crackberry.com.

So far, so good. It looks like problem is solved. I still have to get on the road for a long period to make sure phone doesn't disconnect/reconnect but I have confidence in this one.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thecount

great.  what about the sim numbers in the dash via bluetooth?  does it work now? 
Please use plain text.