Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

Bluetooth issues with my PC Bold 9700

I hope someone has an answer for me here.  I paired my bluetooth from my Bold 9700 to my HP laptop.  I can transfer pics from my cell to my HP no problem.  When I try to transfer pics from my laptop to cell it wont work, unless I have the computer cable attached (cable that came with phone).  Same with the music.  Is there a fix for this? or is this just how it is?  My old phone, which was a piece of junk I say now hahaha, compared to my blackberry I should say Smiley Wink, never needed to be corded and I transfered everything from that phone to my laptop and other phones with no issues.  I thought Blackberry was better than that phone.  Anyway, thank you anyone for some input.

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Bluetooth issues with my PC Bold 9700

Im not sure it is related, but I was informed that you cannot use your BB as a 3G modem for your laptop, via bluetooth, only via cable.

This I also found odd, given that you can on Nokia and Sony Ericsson, and that it is very convenient to do so by sitting at an airport, or anywhere for that matter, and let your Laptop connect to the internet via 3G, by bluetoothing your phone in your pocket. Can still do it, but has to be via cable.

Win some loose some.......

BB 9810
OS v7
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

See this KB:

• KB05409 Transfer a file using Bluetooth technology between two BlackBerry smartphones

Substitute, in the KB, the appropriate instructions for your other device (your PC) in place of the KB section for the sending device. Do not skip the "Receive Using BT" step on the receiving BB...nothing will transfer if you do.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: At&T

I also have BT issues with my PC and Bold 9700. I linked by BT my Bold 9700 to my DELL XPS M1630 with Windows 7 64 and installed the two additional ports drivers manually. I can run the DM but when it connect for sync using BT at the same time it dials the last dialed number on my cell automatically. I have uninstalled all drivers and re-installed them and I also uninstalled the DM and installed the most current version but it always do the re-dial when connect using Bluetooth. My Bold is running v5.0.0.602 (Platform If I connect by USB I have no problem. Any suggestion?

My Device: Not Specified

got bolld 9700 os v5.0.0714 I had a few problems to, but did an update of the drivers on my computer.... also use the original bluetooth software on BB and computer. (windows7 ultimate)  removed the battery... conected my pc to the bb and otherway. now the computer can lissen songs true the BB and also conect true my 3g internett on my blackberry (bb) dont give up you can do it in the endSmiley Happy