Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth to MAC File Transfer with Bold

Hi,

I can receive files via bluetooth from my MAC computer but can't send files from the Bold to the MAC.  

I get a message. "Failed to find Service".  Is this an error, or am I being forced to use carrier e-mail to transfer pictures?

Robin 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Bluetooth to MAC File Transfer with Bold

[ Edited ]

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12216&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05485&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Hi and welcome to the forums. I do not know if this will work between a BB and MAC

Thanks Hi and welcome to the forums!

You may be better served to resolve this thread and open a new one

In the Blackberry MAC forum. I'm sure you will get more specific

answers there, from expert MAC users.

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-07-2008 04:30 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  Exploraton of the MAC forums turn up nothing.  I do not believe this to be a MAC problem, as my 8800 had no such issues and could connect seamlessly in both directions via Bluetooth.  Connectivity to a PC also seems limited to a modem connection. I notice that the Bluetooth services of  "Desktop connectivity" and "Wireless Bypass", under  'Bluetooth Options: 'Services" are greyed out, and cannot be turned on.  Does anyone know hey these services are disabled, and how to enable them ?  Is this a AT&T 'walled garden' issue, or is something missing ?

Robin 

Contributor

I have not been able to find a way to use Bluetooth to transfer anything but a v-card file between the Bold and Macbook Air.

Do you by any chance have a new (late 2008) Macbook, Macbook Air, or Macbook Pro?  None of those are compatible with sync of any kind with the the Bold, and both PocketMac and Missing SYnc don't work properly either until they are eventually recoded.

The only way I have found I can transfer files is to copy them to the Mac using the media card in a media card reader.

If you find another solution, be sure to post back.