Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jenhebe
My Device: Bold 9900

Bluetooth

Got a Bold 9900 with 7.1  

Great phone but it won't link with Bluetooth !!!

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bluetooth

Hi jenhebe and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

What are you trying to pair your BlackBerry® smartphone with via Bluetooth®? Are you able to enable your Bluetooth® radio under Manage Connections?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
louisgoulet126
My Device: Bold 9790 V7.1 (V1647)

Hi,

I have the same issue.

My 9790 have been upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1 and since then I have issues connecting the BB with my car (Kia Sorento).

In V7.0, never had an issue.

So since it was not pairing, I removed the Kia config from the BB and I remove the BB config from the Kia.

A new pairing works fine, but when I restart the car ....Pairing do not works.

I have noted that if I desactivate the bluetooth in the BB, I start the car and then I activate the bluetooth on the BB, it is pairing OK.....hope it will help you solving the issue quickly.

Hotspot is working fine....thanks a lot....that was my main reason to upgrade to 7.1....Google map works better also.

Please let us know for the bluetooth & 7.1 issue.

Thanks a lot

Louis Goulet 

New Contributor
louisgoulet126
My Device: Bold 9790 V7.1 (V1647)

Hi BlackBerry Technical AdvisorCpt_Sweatpants

did you make any progress on this issue?

so to recapitulize, here are 3 scenarios I tested:

- if my BB9790 is open  (with bluetooth ON in auto connect mode), when I go into the car, the connection fails

- If the "auto connect" mode is OFF, I go in the car, start the car, activate the bluetooth, and it connects to the car

- If I go into the car with the BB9790 OFF, I boot it in the car while the car is running, it connects

(to my opinion, there is an issue in the way the paired keys are stored when activating the "auto connect" mode.)

Hope it will help you fixing that issue, because, I may use more often the iPhone my office is supplying!

(I prefer BB, but...!)

thanks a lot

Louis Goulet

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

Have you paired your car with any other Bluetooth® enabled devices?  Have you also made sure your BlackBerry® smartphone's Bluetooth® is set to discoverable.

What it appears could be happening is this:

• When your BlackBerry® smartphone's Bluetooth® connection is on, it is relying on your car to connect to it.  If your car cannot see it or has been paired with something else (as it could be looking for another device and not your BlackBerry® smartphone), it may not connect to your device.
  • When you turn your BlackBerry® smartphone's Bluetooth® on after, it initiates the connection instead of waiting for your car to initiate

Try changing the Bluetooth® option to discoverable then test this again. 

Let me know if that works!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!