Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Bold-5, 9790
My Carrier: Idea

Bold 5 - 4 technical problems in 8 months, yet to receive a replacement as per promised by customer care

On May 13th, 2012, I bought a BlackBerry Bold 5 - model no.9790, IMEI-359201046095999, worth Rs. 25,000. Since the day of its purchase, the handset started showing problems. Now, it switches off automatically and does not restart at all. On February 18, 2013, I submitted the phone at the BlackBerry authorised service centre - Redington India Limited in Pune, and the phone is currently with them. I have a long list of complaints in regards to both, the phone and Redington India Limited:

1. The service centre promised me a replacement. My complaint code is PUN/BB/13/00469, Case id-BN00009027. It has been over a month and I still haven't received a new device
2. The service centre executives never attend my call
3. When they do attend the call, talking to them turns out to be a really frustrating and futile exercise as never have answers to my questions
4. When I personally visit the service centre, they make me wait for 2-3 hours and then accept the phone for repairing which is highly frustrating
5. The customer care executives do not respond to mails either

As far as the phone is concerned, like I mentioned above, this is not the first time I am encountering problems with my Bold 5 handset.

1.Since day 1, its battery would drain in 5 hours. To finally get rid of the problem I sent it for repairs in around July-August. The customer care executives kept the phone for a day, updated its software and handed it back to me.
2. Again in November, I faced similar problem and the phone would switch off automatically and not start at all. I sent the phone for repairs, they returned it back to me after a day
3. I faced the same problem in December last week also, for which it was repaired
4. And I dealt with same issue in February, after which I am still to receive a replacement for the device as promised by the service centre

In the past 8 months I have faced technical issues in my handset atleast 4 times. Besides, your official Indian website does not offer direct contact number for consumer support. Plus, it is highly frustrating and traumatising dealing with unprofessional customer care executives at the Redington service centre authorised by you. I am a working professional and cannot afford to keep calling the centre or visit them everyday. I have to find time out of my hectic schedule, mostly during my working hours and visit the centre personally to know the status of my phone since calling them proves to be a waste of time. I have had to spend a lot of money travelling to the service centre and also on making calls to them. I not only want a new device issued to me by the company in replacement to my earlier handset ASAP but I also want compensation for mental harassment.

Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 5 - 4 technical problems in 8 months, yet to receive a replacement as per promised by customer care

We cannot assist you with those specific repair or return issues involving the service center.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code