Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

phonecian
My Device: Not Specified

Bold 9000 Acting up!

Something is definitely wrong with my device, I just have no idea whether its a manufacturing flaw or not

- Incoming calls not going through alot of the time(people saying my phone is off when its not)

- Outgoing calls are difficult keep on getting call failed.

-Wireless coverage indicator (the 3G with the BB sign next to it) goes off on its own meaning the blackberry functions are not working and doesn't come back unless I take out the batter and put it back. 

Anyone else?

Contributor
phybersplice
My Device: Bold 9000
OS 4.6.0.168

Re: Bold 9000 Acting up!

[ Edited ]

Try setting it to 2G only (EDGE) for a day or two and see how it behaves... 

It could be network congestion on the 3G network.

I've had that happen to me as well.

I won't get a phone call, but I'll get the annoying Rogers WhoCalled TXT message showing me that I missed a call.

Message Edited by phybersplice on 10-17-2008 11:24 AM
If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Go to connections and select Mobile network options click to enter and then menu key to  diagnostic test.

This will test your connections.

Also go to the regular options -status and click enter. On the screen type test, there is no place to enter it, it will start a diagnostic test, I would check all tests to be sure.especially your RF antenna test.

This should give you a good picture of the hardware.

Thanks,

While in the Options Status, write down the file free and file total numbers as well as Dbm and battery charge.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-17-2008 04:19 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
agiannaros
My Device: Bold

Certain providers do not support 3G for the Blackberry service. One of them is Etisalat in UAE that I know from my personal experience. I had exactly the same problems with you. Once I switched my connection to 2G only all the problems were solved.