Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
frank45
My Device: Not Specified

Bold 9000 Camera

When I attempt to activate the camera, either for pictures or video I get the message "Could not start camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again.". There are no other applications running when this message is displayed. This just started happening today.
Contributor
Crackberry
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

Re: Bold 9000 Camera

First thing to try is a hard reset - pull the battery out whilst the device is still switched on.

It is also possible there is an issue with the operating system on the BlackBerry Bold, if this is the case, an OS reload should resolve the issue.

If you are not sure how to do an OS reload, see this BlackBerry KB article here

Hope this helps!!

teleccope
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

I have the exact same problem and even after trying both things, my camera and video camera STILL don't work... In my case however i mistook my BB's internal memory for my memory card and by mistakedly deleted everything... I put the original software back with the Desktop manager, but my camera still doesn't work :smileyfrustrated:

Visitor
asanteadomako
My Device: blackberry bold 9000

Bold 9000. Any time I try opening the camera and video camera, it says close other applications and try again but it will still not work..
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

check this article from the public knowledge base:

KB15544 "Could not launch camera application" error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: