Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Rietsche
My Device: Not Specified

Bold 9000 and Bluetooth "rSAP"

Dear All,

Who has informations about the circumstance that Bold 9000 will support the "rSAP" Protocol with Bluetooth.

As I need this information very urgent, every help would highly be appreciated.

In Wikipedia there is written under "rSAP" that Bold 9000 will support this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Manfred

Please use plain text.
Developer
Jenson

Re: Bold 9000 and Bluetooth "rSAP"

We have to Bold in use for some days now. In our Car-Pool there are some cars by "Volkswagen" and they only support rSAP Devices. We could not get the Bold connected to the Bluetooth-Kit at the Car.

T-mobile told us that the Bold has rSAP-Support . . .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
genotix

See this post which probably explains the same problem for the same reason.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Jenson

We got two brand new Wolkswagen Passat with this nice "Premium" Car Kit. Specially for this cars we bought two Blackberry Bold with "rSAP".

I had contact with volkswagen and they told me that their Car Kits have a list with supported devices and if the device you use is not listed there it can not be used with the Car Kit athought the device supports rSAP.

That's nice, isn't it? They also said, that they can not tell me a date to which the Blackberry Bold will be listed and when they would have a software update for the Volkswagen Car Kit. Maybe 2010, when a new model is coming out.

Why is there a Standard like rSAP if it isn't really a standard . . . .

What do we learn from that?

From now on RIM should publish a list with "supported Cars" and we should choose a car fitting to our Blackberrys ;-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
w9j34s

HUHHUHUUUUU, HHAHAHAAAAA!

Bought two Blackberry Bold last week to be able to have rSAP in our two new VW Passat. A collegue is in Wolfsburg at this very moment to get his new car telling me rSAP doesn't work :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

ROFLMAO this is so funny...

I will get my Passat on Monday so I got some time to settle down a bit...

Honestly, this is b*ll**bleep** of VW. I'll send a hefty complain there.

Have a nice weekend!

Andre

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Re: Bold 9000 and Bluetooth "rSAP"

[ Edited ]
Good saying!!! I really loved your comment...though I understand your frustration...
Message Edited by tanzim on 08-30-2008 01:56 AM

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
w9j34s

Hmm, OK, maybe some of us should (at least me) send apologies to VW.

I just connected my BlackBerry Bold to my VW Premium Phone Kit...

No joke :smileywink:

(Translated from German UI)

* On the VW Premium Phone Kit: Start Searching for devices

* On Bold: Start Setup Bluetooth

* On Bold: Answer question whether to search for devices or listen for searching devices LISTEN

* On VW PP: After a while you will see a 16 number PIN 

* On Bold: Enter that 16 number pin from the VW PP

* On VW: It shows a screen labelled "PIN Code" now. That really made me wonder what that means. The manual did not help. I guess you can choose a ne (shorter) Bluetooth PIN now. The UI is, however, very strange. 

It looks like this

PIN Code

[0]

Now you can cycle through the numbers from 0-9 using the up and down buttons on the steering wheel. OK selects a number.

But how do I leave this screen? Well, just cycle down to 0 and the hit the down button once more. Ahhh! Then we get other options down there like Cancel, OK and Reset.

After you have chosen a new PIN your done and you can start to call your collegues who complain about their not functioning Premium Phone Kit to laugh at them :smileywink:

OK, HTH, and sorry once again for all that noise :smileyhappy:

Regards,

A.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Jenson

Arrrggghhh . . .

Nice hint ! With your description i was able to connect the Bold to our volkswagen cars.

Thanks a lot . . . The question is now why Volkswagen doesn't know how to deal with Blackberry Bold and their Car Kit.

If you follow straight the manual of volkswagen you only get the message "incompatible device".

Maybe Volkswagen will send you a new car for helping them connecting their cars to the "Blackberry world" :-)

Jenson

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crox

just tried to connect my Bold tonight to my Passat but no avail. It connects fine but doesn't go beyond connecting and initialising.

Frustrating ... especially as I took the Bold so that I could only have one phone ... argh ... 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimdec

w9j34s wrote:

Hmm, OK, maybe some of us should (at least me) send apologies to VW.

I just connected my BlackBerry Bold to my VW Premium Phone Kit...

No joke :smileywink:

(Translated from German UI)

* On the VW Premium Phone Kit: Start Searching for devices

* On Bold: Start Setup Bluetooth

* On Bold: Answer question whether to search for devices or listen for searching devices LISTEN

* On VW PP: After a while you will see a 16 number PIN 

* On Bold: Enter that 16 number pin from the VW PP

* On VW: It shows a screen labelled "PIN Code" now. That really made me wonder what that means. The manual did not help. I guess you can choose a ne (shorter) Bluetooth PIN now. The UI is, however, very strange. 

It looks like this

PIN Code

[0]

Now you can cycle through the numbers from 0-9 using the up and down buttons on the steering wheel. OK selects a number.

But how do I leave this screen? Well, just cycle down to 0 and the hit the down button once more. Ahhh! Then we get other options down there like Cancel, OK and Reset.

After you have chosen a new PIN your done and you can start to call your collegues who complain about their not functioning Premium Phone Kit to laugh at them :smileywink:

OK, HTH, and sorry once again for all that noise :smileyhappy:

Regards,

A.

Hi A

How many numbers do you need for the new PIN number please

Please use plain text.