Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
crox
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bold 9000 and Bluetooth "rSAP"

I don't get the PIN code ... I tried to have a look at the settings on the bold, but can't see any options for pin code on the sim card, which I assume it needs to be set?
Please use plain text.
rambo8521

No, that's not how it works! I don't have a Bold, but am looking into buying one but it must be compatible with my Passat premium bluetooth.

The bt kit is rSAP, remote access sim profile, which means that it doesn't actually use the bold to make calls, only interfaces with it to read the sim card. The car itself has a phone system somewhere inside. So, when you first connect your Bold to your bt kit, you will need to put in your PIN code for your SIM card. If you haven't set a PIN and it still prompts you, just try pressing ok on your steering wheel without typing anything. 

The system will then, if the Bold is fully compatible with the Passat bt kit, interface with the Bold to download the phonebook to the car's memory. This happens every time you reconnect your phone to the bt kit to catch any new entries or updates to your phonebook.  This is the compatibility issue that VW say might take until 2010 to resolve or whatever. As long as the phone supports rSAP, you should get basic calls/texts through your bt kit.

Let me know how it goes please!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crox

thanks. I know how the system works having had the car for a year now, but the issue is with the Bold. It doesn't ask for a PIN number, instead it hangs on trying to connect and initialise.

Incidentally, none of my phones which have worked perfectly have ever auto sync'd the phonebook etc. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raulsalas

Re: Re: Bold 9000 and Bluetooth "rSAP"

Does anyone know how tu connect the Bold to an Audi A3 via bluetooth? I used to have a Sony Ericsson and it worked just fine, but now, I try tu establish a connection between my Bb Bold and the A3 the same way I use to do it for the SE and my Bb Bold won't find my car... Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
crox

to resurrect this thread ...

still no joy with my Bold and the Passat. The telephone kit is the 07 model, so I get the arm-rest cradle thing, so perhaps it works differently to the current model?

I tried again last night, and this time the two devices wouldn't even find each other. Eventually the Bold would say "unable to connect to VW Premium Telephone" whereas the Passat wouldn't even find the Bold.

It has almost gone a backwards step, as previously it would allow my to establish the pairing, but not go past "connecting and intialising" stage.

It is so frustrating, particuarily as I have a 335d for a couple of weeks, and it connected first time with no problems. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimdec

Hi

A says that you have to put in a new Bluetooth Pin Number. How may numbers are required

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
w9j34s

Well, it all started working for me, on doing this (see my post above)

* On Bold: Answer question whether to search for devices or listen for searching devices LISTEN

Recheck my post and it should work.

Regarding the number of numbers for the pin: I just chose my sim card pin, whether this made sense or not (it had 4 numbers). I do not know if it is needed. I even turned off the pin on my sim in the bb now...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crox

Got the passat back today, and guess what ... no joy again. It just keeps on saying connecting and then iniatalising. Frustrating ...

I still don't get a request for sim card PIN, and haven't for any of the four devices that I have had connected to it previously.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crox

to ressurect again ... I updated the OS on the Bold so thought that I would have another bash.

It sees the Bold, and after putting the 16 digit code into the phone, the Bold says that it is connected, but the car says "initialising" then "connecting" then it goes back to saying that there is no phone to connect.

I have tried with Pin code activated and without, same answer.

Very, very, very annoying.

Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
garethdvjones

Hi there, 

I have a UK, VW Passat CC (08)

For about a week i have been trying to pair my new BlackBerry Bold (v4.6.0.226) with the premium carkit. I had the exact same problem as 'crox'. After playing about with some of the settings etc. i managed to get it to work, and it works well.

On the Bold:

In 'manage connections' then 'bluetooth options' turn bluetooth on, then select 'listen'.

Once the device "VW UHV PREM" appears under 'bluetooth options' press the 'balckberry' button, then 'device properties'.

I then, disabled encryption, and then 'menu' - 'refresh service list'.

Then, on the car i selected 'connect' and it then worked absolutely fine.

I have my Nokia E90 and now my Blackberry Bold both working on the carkit seperately. (shame they dont pair at the same time)

I hope this helps? 

Please use plain text.