Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bernd-klarholz
My Device: Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

Bold 9000 - syncronisation with Outlook via bluetooth

Just baught Bold 9000 from T - Mobile Germany. Firmware is actual. Blackberry desktop manager also. Using the USB cable everything is ok, sync with Outlook 2003 on XP platform works well. There is no way to sync via bluetooth. In desktop manager under options - connecting options the bluetooth buttons are grayed and therefor can't be used. When I try to connect via the bluetooth menu in XP I can't install the Active Sync application. It is shown but I can't activate.

What is missing or what do I make wrong. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deocamdata
My Device: 9000 Bold

Re: Bold 9000 - syncronisation with Outlook via bluetooth

I think we can use bluetooth only for conect with audio device not for data transfer ...
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Bold 9000 - synchronization with Outlook via Bluetooth

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is a procedure for using Bluetooth with Desktop Manager. Make sure you are running Windows native drivers,

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need more information, please ask! 

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer! 

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
olvr76
My Device: Not Specified

Same problem. There is no way to connect my brand new BB Bold to my brand new Thinkpad T61 over Bluetooth and sync my AdressBook and Calendar with my Lotus Notes.

The sync works over the USB cable allright, I can pair the BB and the Thinkpad over Bluetooth for "headphone" services, but there is no **bleep** way to persuade the Desktop manager to find the BB Bold over bluetooth.

Have you guys at RIM ever heard the concept of TESTING something before you feed it to the clients ?

Again something that has worked with my Nokia smartphone for ages : I'm seriously considering going out to the corner shop and comming back with a brand new Nokia E71.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Olvr, wrote:

Have you guys at RIM ever heard the concept of TESTING something before you feed it to the clients ?

Again something that has worked with my Nokia smartphone for ages : I'm seriously considering going out to the corner shop and coming back with a brand new Nokia E71

Obviously you have no idea where you are. This is a user to user forum. I am not "you guys at RIM". I am a user just like

The originator of the post, trying to be constructive and offer support. Not whine about Rim. "but there is no**Bleep**

way to persuade the desktop manager to find the BB bold over Bluetooth". You obviously haven't bothered to read

or even search for a post. You have a lot of Gaul after being a member here for less than an hour.

If you want to learn fine, if not go buy the Nokia, it's much less sophisticated and should

suit you well. Blackberry's are SMARTPHONES.

Moderators: Please feel free to edit this out, I have gotten my message across.

Bifocals

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-13-2008 06:06 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi deocamdata and welcome to the forums,

You have misspoke, you can use Bluetooth for data transfer. Many users here are connected to it every day day.

Please read the procedure listed, and if you need help, let us know,

Thanks, Bifocals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bernd-klarholz
My Device: Bold 9000

Information for everybody:

- the data exchange via bluetooth is possible and works perfect

- key to success is the correct bluetooth adaptor

- the bluetooth adaptor in my Samsung notebook with Broadcom Software didn't work

- installing my old Sitecom external USB adaptor worked immediately and perfect

=> no more problems with Desktop manager

Thanks for your comments 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Great, glad you got it running!

Bifocals

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-15-2008 06:04 AM

Please use plain text.
AndyG
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

I may be misunderstanding this forum string. Having just taken a Bold 9700 I would like to Sync with Outlook via Bluetooth; however, I want to do only this i.e. I do not wish to switch the WiFi link to my 9700 off and have it receiving mail etc via the bluetooth link to Outlook on the PC...... which as far as I can understand from the suggested link is what happens? Have I misunderstood?... I simply want to do an outlook Sync with the desktop manager wirelessly ... coninuting to use the WiFi link on the 9700 in the normal manner, albeit that I apreciate this probably would not not work while the Bluetooth connection was running? 

Please use plain text.