Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jlorenz988
My Device: Bold 9650

Bold 9650 OS 6.0 Upgrade - Sprint

Hi everyone!

I can see this has been posted before but I don't see any actual information.  I am waiting for the OS 6.0 upgrade for my Bold 9650 on Sprint but still don't see an available upgrade for it.  I just called Sprint and they said they have no information so I should check with RIM.  Well, I don't see anything here.  Is RIM still releasing OS 6.0 for the 9650 or have these plans changed? 

If anyone has any useful information that would be great! I'm waiting for the upgrade to do some BES testing with my firm.

Thank you!

Josh

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Bold 9650 OS 6.0 Upgrade - Sprint

Nobody knows when it will be released.  We don't promote/discuss loading unreleased software here on this forum, however, you can find more information about what's out there by going here.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta-you-than-me/239498-leaked-9650-os-os-6-0-0-333-a.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlorenz988

Not interested in an unreleased version so I'll keep waiting (not about to crash my phone).  I was hoping someone had some good news :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I have several friends using that version.  It won't crash your phone. In fact, it's quite stable and working well for most everyone using it.   Any carrier could release that exact same version at any time.  But it's up to you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlorenz988

Hmm... I'll have to think about it.  I don't like to use unsupported software incase it goes wrong, as well as I'm not sure if it is supported at work or if they'll boot me off BES, so I'll have to check with them

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I am on a BES and have never been kicked off. As long as you know how to activate its no big deal. OS5 and higher automatically activates after an upgrade.

You can always downgrade back.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PETERPNYC
My Device: BOLD 9650

I have gotten a notice of an available upgrade to OS 6.0.

I assumed it was a legit update from Sprint since I used the BB sprint CD to download my BBDM for my 9650 to 2 laptops.

I googled  reviews to see if it was advisable to upgrade, Now I am confused. Is the upgrade I am being offered a Beta or leaked version and not an official upgrade?

Did you guys not receive the same notice. You can click HELP > upgrades in BBDM and see if it availabe to you. It is dated 9/09 and looks official to me .

Should I upgrade or not? That was my original question that brought me here .

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If you did not manually download and install the OS to your PC and DM is prompting you to upgrade then it's legit.  It's up to you whether or not to upgrade. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eportzline

[ Edited ]

Just upgraded to OS 6.  No issues, no problems, only a transformed phone that is so improved in many ways, it is shocking.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eportzline

I would upgrade even a leaked version (just did).  Can't tell you whether or not the message you got was legit, but I would suggest going to a trusted source for OS6 and downloading it.  (See earlier in this thread for a place to download the leaked upgrade.)  If you see an upgrade to OS 6 available when you check for updates from within your device, it probably is legit.  For me, the latest update that appeared (before I upgrade to OS 6) was 5.0.0.939. 

According to RIMM's own site (http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/devices/enterprise.jsp), only 5.0.0.x is available for Bold 9650 on Sprint.

Best regards,

Please use plain text.