Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bookbean1
My Device: 9650 Bold

Re: Bold 9650 memory card maximum?

I kept my 16 gig chip when I gave up my Droid (had to try it when it first came out).   The chip works great.   Now I have all of my music and pic's loaded up and the music plays just as good through my audio cable in my car. 

I also downloaded the BB media sync for iTunes and it worked great.  Got all of my playlists, etc.

In the meantime, now that I have updated my iTouch to the new OS4, it locks up all of the time.  

I use the BB for business and personal and the iTouch just for entertainment.   However, now that I have all of the data transferred onto the 16gig chip, AND, I have the apps that I need, I guess that I now have an extra device with an apple on it that will see a lot less use.:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bookbean1
My Device: 9650 Bold

Don't know why it is saying 9630 tour (which I got rid of), I now have a 9650 Bold.   Guess I have to update profile again.

Please use plain text.
jonjon4jc
My Device: Bold 9650

A 32 gig SDHC card DOES work with your Bold 9650, unless you have Verizon. In that case, the maximum memory capacity is 16 gigs...  Trust me, I know! I'm stuck with a 32 gig card and can't use it ;-(

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mayer56
My Device: Bold 9650

Why the difference between Verizon and the other carriers?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Mayer56 wrote:

Why the difference between Verizon and the other carriers?

Hello,

There is no impact of carrier...the OS level, as posted in the Solution reply in this thread, is the governing information. That said, I suppose a carrier impact could indirectly result if 1) the user is only using the OS releases officially sanctioned by their carrier and 2) the carrier has not released an OS level high enough to support the larger SD card size.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.