Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

mukul0611
My Device: Bold 9650

Bold 9650

Hi,

I am using 9650 in CDMA network, now I want to switch to GSM network with same handset.

Is there any programing required or just need to insert a sim and it will start working ?

Thanks

Mukul

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bold 9650

Hi there Mukul,

You'll need to ensure that the 9650 is unlocked in advance. You will know if it has been unlocked if you insert a SIM card and it connects to the network with no issues and lets you make phone calls. If it's not unlocked, you will need an unlock code. You can purchase unlock codes from various unlocking services online, or if you aren't in a rush, the website http://freemyblackberry.com can provide you with an unlock code for free in 24-48 hours. Be aware though, you only get 10 chances to enter the unlock code correctly before the device is permanently locked to the original carrier it came on, so make sure you follow the unlocking instructions that come with your unlock code correctly so you don't have any problems.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Bold 9650

mukul0611 wrote:

Hi,

I am using 9650 in CDMA network, now I want to switch to GSM network with same handset.

Is there any programing required or just need to insert a sim and it will start working ?

Thanks

Mukul

Hi Mukul,

BlackBerry Bold 9650 supports below mentioned spectrum.

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 2100
  CDMA/EVDO Rev A 800/1900

As far as I know in India 3G service is provided on 900 MHz (GSM) and 800 MHz (CDMA). Hence, if you plan to use 3G services with 9650 in India that may not be possible. However, call your mobile service provider to know some more details on this.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit