Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rajeshb
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: DU

Bold 9700 Clocking Issue

I have this issue with my Blackberry bold, which seems to be very common as most of my friends seem to be having it too. The phone gets into a clocking (black clock in the centre spinning continously) so often that it has become impossible to enjoy using the phone.

As soon as I touch the phone to make or receive a call, check my BBM or to post something, the phone gets into this and I have to wait quite a while bfor I can perform the task.

I would like to know if this is a service issue or a memory clean up is required in order to avoid this issue.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Bold 9700 Clocking Issue

Please boot ur handheld in safe mode and observe, ensure to properly exit every applications instead of pressing red button to come out of the app.

Safe mode KB17877

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

[ Edited ]

rajeshb wrote :

I have this issue with my Blackberry bold, which seems to be very common as most of my friends seem to be having it too. The phone gets into a clocking (black clock in the centre spinning continously) so often that it has become impossible to enjoy using the phone.

As soon as I touch the phone to make or receive a call, check my BBM or to post something, the phone gets into this and I have to wait quite a while bfor I can perform the task.

I would like to know if this is a service issue or a memory clean up is required in order to avoid this issue

Hello rajeshb

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

The problem you are having is because of device memory .What is your device OS ? is it OS 5 or 6. If you are running OS6 on your device then yes I have seens this memory issue with so may users.

If on os 6 I personally suggest you to downgrade your device software to OS 5 ,and I am sure it will resolve those lagging and freezing issues.But yes choice is your's .If you want to remain on OS6 then the only solution is that you had to avoid too much apps because 9700  lacks memory if on OS6.

Your device require Memory Clean up to function normally.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rajeshb
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: DU

Thank you Prince for your reply.

How do I check what OS I am using?

How do I go about Memory clean?

If I need to buy a new Blackberry phone, which one should I look at that has a good internal memory for both the OS and for the apps?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Helo rajeshb

To know your Device OS version .Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line =

Also go to  Options > Security > Memory Cleaner, make sure it is disabled ,it sometimes causes device freezing and clocking.

Check the File Free at Options > Status,  the number at File Free or look at  Options > Device > Device and StatusInformation,If it is below 40 to 50 mb then you had to clear your device memory. To do that remove any unused applications from the device ,additional language packs, also move all your media content from the device memory to media card .

KB05478  : Transfer files between the media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone

Regarding which BlackBerry then I suggest You should look at both one with a huge Internal Memory as well which supports the recent BlackBerry OS ,I think you already made a good decission to wait untill  BlackBerry 10  which is about to come within a few month,I have no doubt its going to rock the mobile Indrustry .So I prefer wait untill BB10 comes till then enjoy your bold 9700.( though 9900 or is also good having 8 gb internal memory ,nice keyboard , 1.2Ghz  processor ,768mb Ram with touch screen )

Prince

Please use plain text.