Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9700: Upgrade to OS6?

OK -I'm in the process of downloading right now.  A little nervous, but really excited to see the results....

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

OK - playing around with it for a few minutes and I have noticed that navigation is a little slower....however, the interface is pretty cool.   More to come as  I play with it.

My Device: 9700

Norbert, et al

You should use the power of Google to your advantage!

Been running OS 6 on my Bold 9700 for a month now. I like it!

http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-6-0-0-380-blackberry-bold-9700

I don't advocate installing anything that isn't authorized by RIM or Blackberry. This is obviously a BETA and not published for production use. It's working fine on my device though, as hundreds, if not thousands of others... Enjoy!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: telstra

I have run OS6 418 for a long time,if  you do want hassals with your bb,

wait to the offical release.

being up to date is ok, cool

beware you will have problems

but have a go

Im running os6 242 now and has sovled most problems

I had with 418

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: telstra

@ Knotterope :- your out of date OS6 337,418 are old try 242 friend

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

wazalee wrote:

@ Knotterope :- your out of date OS6 337,418 are old try 242 friend

Did you notice I am on a Torch 9800?

Also OS 6 was released by a carrier today.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/242838-latest-os-9700-6-0-0-14...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Hello sandro21,

What carrier are you on that you were able to upgrade to OS6? Do you think if I upgrade using that carrier I will have any issues  with my carrier (AT&T)? Anything to be aware of before/during/after upgrading that may be a concern?

Thank you!

R

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

The OS is the same regardless of the carrier that approves it.

the Vendor/XML file has carrier info so normally users can not upgrade unless you know how to delete it.

AT&T might not support this OS and ask you to downgrade to a supported OS if you have issues.

just a heads up

Older apps transfered to the device with Device switcher or upgraded to OS 6 can cause issue if not compatable with OS 6. On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Not Specified

hey, could you send me the leaked os 6 for 9700 please, that would be great thanks

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: tmobile-uk

please how can i download it on my 9700 with minimal problems...my phone is unlocked.