Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

Bold 9700 Wifi Issues after Bundle 3049 Update. HELP!

Hi,

I have a Bold 9700 running on tmobile. This is a tmobile phone and lately after a recent OS6 update to bundle 3049 I seem to have wifi issues.

Prior to the bundle update and still to this point, I did not have a data plan. I did not mind not having one because of the connectivity to wifi which I had pretty much everywhere I went.

Now since updating to bundle 3049 I am still able to search and connect to different wifi connections, however the moment I try to go to any website such as google I get the message:

"Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider."

This baffles me since it wasn't an issue until I upgraded to the new bundle, which I have heard good things about, except this wifi issue.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? I know it's not the browser configuration as OS6 has priority settings so it should connect to wifi first before trying to go through the data plan. However that was for the old bundle, not sure if that was changed in the new one and now the service providers have finally figured out a way to force people onto data plans.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? or know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.