Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9700 / Windows 7 64 bit / Bluetooth driver

Hi there.

Does anybody know the solution to this please? - a computer with Windows 7 64 bit OS - attempting to pair with my Bold 9700 but cannot find a driver to install to make this work ... I have written to RIM but they are useless and have not responded to four emails, so I thought I would try this forum ... I cannot be the only user who has had this problem but I have had no luck finding a solution that works.

Many thanks

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Bold 9700 / Windows 7 64 bit / Bluetooth driver

Cant say about Win64 part, but the latest Desktop Manager is able to do everything with bluetooth that other models already did...

I have been watching this space for like eternity and finally iy works. The backup/sync etc. ...everything basically works now !!

For my suffering 9700 friends : Upgrade now  !!

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9700 / Windows 7 64 bit / Bluetooth driver

I had terrible troubles making a blue tooth connection wiht my Bold to Laptop using windows 7.  Turns out the culprit is the securty software/firewall that does not allow an open connection to a smart phone.

Fix: on the system tray along the bottom of your computer display, right click the bluetooth icon, on the popup menu click receive a file, this then allows your smart phone to send a file to the windows 7 computer....to do more your system administrator will need to change access/permission rights. If its your personal computer you can do that yourself.

Happily this is not a Blackberry issue, but a system security feature of windows 7 or your security software, hense the reason no one seems to get an answer from RIM on how to correct it.