Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
icekold
My Device: bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Bold 9700 completely white screen since upgrade of software.

Since around the start of this week I have had a problem that started with my screen going white after powersave. After pressing a few buttons I discovered the mute button would allow me to get back to my home screen after it resumed. This kept on happening then after a while my screen developed another problem where the pixels from a previous screen would show after I have pressed an option. Moving the mouse cleared the pixels, The problem got more and more irritating so I decided to upgrade my phone software by connecting to the computer. Instead of this solving the problem it has kept the screen permanently white in a state where I cannot even receive calls!   Can anyone help me?

New Contributor
icekold

Re: Bold 9700 completely white screen since upgrade of software.

any1??????
New Contributor
icekold

i can access memory card through computer and black desktop software still connects application loader gives this message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer" i have installed correct software from http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads but it still gives that message
New Contributor
icekold

Finally solved the problem by downgrading my operating system to the earliest version i had v5 etc works fine now

New Contributor
ryanwilliams
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

hello i have ad the same problem its is to do with the connecter to the lcd screen i found a way to fix it it was to sqease all four corners of the screen it should restart the phone

but then after like a day it went back this is blackberry's fualt as they are stupid when the lcd connecter bends the wires snap you could get a soldier and fix this or a new screen. 

Bethiee
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

i done that but it still didnt work :smileysad: :smileymad:

New Contributor
icecool

I have the same problem, I took the phone to BlackBerry Customer service in Midrand (Vodaworld) they told me that the phone needed to be replaced. When my phone was scanned in they told me that they now could do nothing for me and did not want to help me in any way at all. Whom could I contact in SA to have the blackberry 9700 fixed, when it was only perched in February 2012.